Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia status via Coles Flybuys

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia status via Coles Flybuys

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Wondering how many days after the end of the month the SCs post. Mine haven't yet
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Wondering how many days after the end of the month the SCs post. Mine haven't yet
Ts & Cs state "Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited" - and I guess that will be "as long as everything goes to plan with both the Flybuys and Velocity systems"!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Simba66
Ts & Cs state "Please allow up to 2 weeks after the end of each calendar month for your Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited" - and I guess that will be "as long as everything goes to plan with both the Flybuys and Velocity systems"!
Ts&Cs are there to protect vendors, not provide information. "Up to two weeks" could mean "tomorrow". I received an email yesterday from a financial institution advising me that processing a credit to my account "could take up to 5 working days". It was in my account at 5:01pm last night. The only thing Ts&Cs give you is a deadline after which you can legitimately complain. The Thai Consulate in Canberra says that you should use their "visa tracking tool" only "if you haven't received your visa within 10 days". Needless to say it works 24/7 and is up to the minute

These sort of warnings or terms & conditions simply aren't worth the paper they're written on; they exist so us punters will expect shoddy service
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:34 pm

There's no need to be so dismissive of an answer someone has provided in relation to a question YOU asked - it's rude and unnecessary.

Seeing as no one can give a definitive answer to your question as the first month of this offer has just ended, the details in the Ts & Cs is as good as you're going to get at the moment - we're all just going to have to wait and see how long it takes for the SCs to appear.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Simba66
There's no need to be so dismissive of an answer someone has provided in relation to a question YOU asked - it's rude and unnecessary.
Clearly a newbie to online forums
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Originally Posted by ozstamps
My daughter (zero status) just got this. From Velocity not FlyBuys. The 20 each month perplexes me - wasn't it capped at 1 or 2 SC a month etc?

Are they saying if you spend $1,000 in a month you get 20 Status Credits?

Seemed to be no T&C on her email that gave more detail. Not sure if it applies only those those targeted?

Double Status Credits when you shop

For a limited time only, give your Status Credits balance an extra boost and shop your way closer to Silver membership with double Status Credits*.

Simply use your linked flybuys card when you shop at Coles, Coles Online, Liquorland or First Choice Liquor and you’ll earn 2 Status Credits for every $100 spent until 31 December 2016 - up to 20 each month*. Link your flybuys and Velocity memberships to get started.
From my reading of it, at first, thought it was good, but then, its sunk in, yes, have to spend Aud$500/Aud$1000 to get that 10/20 VFF SC... I was shocked, totally gobsmacked.

My first reading it to be 10/20 VFF SC per Aud$100 spent, now, that would be an one up manship/womanship on QF, but nope, its a spend of Aud$500 (bonus) or Aud$1000 to get 10/20 VFF SC.

Had high hopes for the tie up/tie in, but my hopes are dashed!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
From my reading of it, at first, thought it was good, but then, its sunk in, yes, have to spend Aud$500/Aud$1000 to get that 10/20 VFF SC... I was shocked, totally gobsmacked.

My first reading it to be 10/20 VFF SC per Aud$100 spent, now, that would be an one up manship/womanship on QF, but nope, its a spend of Aud$500 (bonus) or Aud$1000 to get 10/20 VFF SC.

Had high hopes for the tie up/tie in, but my hopes are dashed!
They still have a one up on Qantas, as they have nothing equivalent (at this point).

I guess they need to strike a balance between making it a little worthwhile versus giving away status just for shopping. We can probably argue till the cows come home about what they should have offered.

It's something that wasn;t there before, it will make it a little easier for me to retain my gold, but I'll till have to fly to get there
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
First Coles SC credited tonight - 3 SC - for last few days in Oct when card was first linked ^
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
First Coles SC credited tonight - 3 SC - for last few days in Oct when card was first linked ^
Yay, I got 2
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by perthite
Yay, I got 2
I got 1 LOL. With just the two of us in the household, we don't spend a huge amount on groceries so we'll probably only earn 4 this month (with the double SC promotion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.