Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity Points crediting gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Velocity Points crediting gone wrong

I think the Velocity team screwed up with my flights and how much I'm supposed to be credited.

I recently flew from TSV to CMB under a single booking I made via Singapore Airlines. Usually for the Brisbane to Singapore segment I get 60 status credits and 3818 points but this time I've been credited with 30 status credits and 382 points. I remember seeing somewhere, I think when I was checking in, that I'm supposed to get the 3818 points for that segment so I'm not sure what happened.

I'm unable to call their helpline since I'm out of the country for a month but I've filled out their feedback form. Any tips on what else I can do?

Edit - this is what's on my e-ticket, shows that I'm supposed to get 3816 points.

Last edited by NilFBosh; Jun 25, 2016 at 9:41 am
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
What was the booking class (as in Fare bucket)?

V & K earn at 10% as "[deep] discount economy", Y, B, E, M, H, W, L earn at 100% as "Economy". (N & Q are "Discount Economy" and earns at 50%).

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...gaporeairlines

"Discount economy" earns 30 sc's, "[Full] Economy" earns 60 SC's.

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...StatusCredits/

Last edited by serfty; Jun 25, 2016 at 3:37 pm
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I don't see where your image shows how many points you will receive?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:51 pm

Like serfty indicated you must have been booked in V or K.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
What was the booking class (as in Fare bucket)?

V & K earn at 10% as "[deep] discount economy", Y, B, E, M, H, W, L earn at 100% as "Economy". (N & Q are "Discount Economy" and earns at 50%).

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...gaporeairlines

"Discount economy" earns 30 sc's, "[Full] Economy" earns 60 SC's.

http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...StatusCredits/
Usually all the fares for this trip are under "Economy Flexi". Where do I check what fare type I've been booked under?
Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I don't see where your image shows how many points you will receive?
The distance in miles heading. Sorry, I thought that indicated how many miles I was supposed to be credited with.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
That's the distance. If on a deep discount far then 10% of that or 381.8 .... looks like they rounded up.

As for booking class, it's not that easy. A call to VA before booking may help (or simply ask here ).
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
That's the distance. If on a deep discount far then 10% of that or 381.8 .... looks like they rounded up.

As for booking class, it's not that easy. A call to VA before booking may help (or simply ask here ).
Grr I'm so frustrated now! Explains why the ticket was REALLY cheap, like $500 cheaper than normal. Looks like I won't be upgrading to Platinum this time Currently got 605 status credits. Normally, with the 2 return trips to CMB I would get 400 status credits, but now with this I'll be earning only 300 provided my next return flight is booked on economy flexi.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:33 am

if you booked directly with SQ, your e-ticket should show the class booked. We returned from Sweden a couple of days ago, all 6 flights booked with and ticketed by SQ - sorry, don't know how to post the image here as it is different to the one you've included (which looks like a VA produced itinerary?), but the e-ticket from SQ shows:

Flight Details, then underneath that Ticket Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
then for each flight:
On left-hand side of page: SQ XXX Operated by Singapore Airlines (or whoever)
Right-hand side of page: Economy Class and the fare class in brackets e.g. on ours it's either (H) or (W).
Details of the flight are listed underneath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.