Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Earn Velocity status credits and Krisflyer miles on same SIA flighit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Hi, not entirely clear to me from the Virgin website... when booking a Singapore Airlines flight, can you provide both your Krisflyer and Velocity member numbers? I know you can't earn points with both on the same flight, but what about Velocity status credits (while also earning Krisflyer miles)?
https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...EarnFareClass/
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Never done it myself but other posts on FT say it is best to put your VA number for the flight and then retro claim Kris flyer points.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
Never done it myself but other posts on FT say it is best to put your VA number for the flight and then retro claim Kris flyer points.
yup, thats the only way AFAIK. I put my Velocity membership number while booking a SQ flight. You get status credit plus velocity miles, the only way to get KrisFlyer miles to connect your Krisflyer and Velocity accounts and convert them.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
There are older posts on FT saying by putting in your VA number and then retro claiming KF you can get both but i am not sure if this is still valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.