Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving TBIT via VA7, departing DL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, DL PM, Marriott Gold, HIlton Gold
Arriving TBIT via VA7, departing DL

Any words of wisdom on handling arrival issues (and approximate times) arriving from BNE via VA&, then departing on DL to RDU via ATL. We are Global Entry but am wondering on rechecking luggage (at TBIT or do we have to take to DL) then re-entering security. Assume we must exit then walk (or take bus) to Terminal 5. Originally we had almost three hours between expected arrival and departure but a schedule change gives us on 75 minutes (best case). Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
MCT is 120 minutes.
Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at LAX, Incoming airline VA, Outgoing airline DL, Flight type International to Domestic

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE   1.10  1.30  2.00  2.00
OFFLINE  1.10  1.30  2.00  2.00
** OR * ARE ALL
VA-** ID  2.00 TRM B  - **
If this is on the one ticket, then you need to contact the ticket issuer.

If separate tickets, you could very well be SOL.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
MCT is 120 minutes.
Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at LAX, Incoming airline VA, Outgoing airline DL, Flight type International to Domestic

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE   1.10  1.30  2.00  2.00
OFFLINE  1.10  1.30  2.00  2.00
** OR * ARE ALL
VA-** ID  2.00 TRM B  - **
If this is on the one ticket, then you need to contact the ticket issuer.

If separate tickets, you could very well be SOL.
Thanks. I was able to change flights without much difficulty. Longer trip but less hassle.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:45 am
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
Just did that trip last month. You have to pick up luggage at TBIT and clear customs. Just outside customs is the baggae drop facility which, when we arrived, had a looong queue, so we opted to just cart the luggage about a 500m walk to T5 where we just checked it in with Delta as usual.

We did have a 3hr transit which, after we'd checked in and breezed through security (thanks, TSA Pre-check!) left us with over an hour to enjoy the sights of T5.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QG
Just did that trip last month. You have to pick up luggage at TBIT and clear customs. Just outside customs is the baggae drop facility which, when we arrived, had a looong queue, so we opted to just cart the luggage about a 500m walk to T5 where we just checked it in with Delta as usual.

We did have a 3hr transit which, after we'd checked in and breezed through security (thanks, TSA Pre-check!) left us with over an hour to enjoy the sights of T5.
Thanks. Nice to know that there is an option on rechecking luggage. Since we now have three hours (theoretically if VA8 is on time), transfer should be less hectic.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:40 am

I would also note that VA7 arrives at around the same time as VA1, QF11, QF15 and QF93 so there is often a long queue to get through the customs area. Last week we had five lanes going at it was to the internal doors. The recheck area, however, was relatively easy. If it's tagged through you just leave it with the handlers.

At the moment they have a fair bit of construction on the arrivals level between TBIT at T4 so walking it around is a little more difficult.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I did this a few months ago but we took our bags to the Delta terminal and checked in.

We landed TBIT and was sitting in our connecting Delta plane within 50mins. I actually had a 6hr layover but they bumped us to an earlier flight (which was my plan/why I went to Delta counter).

My only concern is if VA7 departs Brisbane late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.