Wiki Posts
Search

Who wears the Pyjamas?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Who wears the Pyjamas?

Out of curiosity, do folks in long haul business typically change into the pyjamas? Would you recommend wearing something else to sleep in instead? My wife and I are flying LAX-BNE-PER and this is the first flight we'll be on where PJs are part of the kit, so not sure what the protocol is.

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I'd say about 80% of passengers use the Pajamas.

I do myself, putting them on with such a flight before supper and taking them of after breakfast.

The FA's will (either they offer or you ask) take your day wear and hang them for you.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Typically most passengers on LAX routes wear them. I usually come from work meetings wearing a suit and it is rather convenient to change in to the PJs once airborne. Then again I pretty much sleep throughout the whole flight.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
My husband wears the PJs but I pack my own tshirt/tights because that's what I prefer. I get changed soon after we get seated/before take off but hubby waits until after meal service.

My only advise is to take a pair of slippers from a hotel and wear them on the plane so youre not barefoot/socks in the toilets and throw the slippers away on last cleanup.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks! Great advise on the slippers too. I have a couple extra pairs of disposables from hotels/AA flights that we'll bring along.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
An FA friend of mine says they're very useful for penis size checking (since many men have an erection when they wake up). He has remarked on a number of celebrities who are clearly less than well endowed
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTWFF
An FA friend of mine says they're very useful for penis size checking (since many men have an erection when they wake up). He has remarked on a number of celebrities who are clearly less than well endowed
Who goes commando ?!?!?!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:14 pm
Heg

I wear them. I usually get changed after the meal service and then back into my clothes before breakfast.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by serfty
Who goes commando ?!?!?!
No need to go commando - the PJs aren't that substantial. Or are you saying you wear underpants under the PJs? How unhygenic
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... Or are you saying you wear underpants under the PJs? How unhygenic
Of course I do (and I consider doing so the opposite of 'unhygenic'); I treat the P'sJ as light tracksuits.

Back in the 90's Qantas referred to those that they gave to First PAX as 'oversuits'.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:59 pm

No need to go commando - the PJs aren't that substantial. Or are you saying you wear underpants under the PJs? How unhygenic
+1. Many Americans have an irrational fear of skin and think that textiles make skin clean. They put little consideration into the fact that textiles carry fifth and that tight textiles make for sweat. They - like the Brits - even wear clothing while swimming and visiting the sauna.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.