Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Christmas Island to Cocos...only 1x per week?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

I had read that Perth to Cocos was 3x a week, but all I can find on VA time tables is XCH to CCK 1x per a week and it seems like the flight back is 2 weeks later. This seems quite impossible. Is there some sort of issue booking XCH to CCK rather than Perth to CCK?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
I think the route is triangular. PER-XCH-CCK-PER thenPER-CCH-XCH-PER . So it's plausible it goes twice one way and once the other in 3 trips a week?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
I think the route is triangular. PER-XCH-CCK-PER thenPER-CCH-XCH-PER . So it's plausible it goes twice one way and once the other in 3 trips a week?
What I had read was it stops there both ways. However, trying to find even a return within a week doesn't seem possible. For example, pick outbound April 25th, soonest you can return is May 11. Not sure why the return on May 4th doesn't show. But still, what I have read online is there are three weekly. Just wondered if that plan had changed.

Edit: Found the change.....

http://www.minister.infrastructure.g...b087_2014.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.