Search

Silver Status

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: qantas
Silver Status

Hi guys,

I've got 300 status points which are due to expire in november. These points were from SQ though (ie. none of these points were from VA). I understand that I need 2 qualifying sectors (ie fly VA twice) to be upgraded to silver. Does that mean that if I fly those 2 sectors in say for example in august, I will only have 3 months of being silver? Also, can 1 of the qualifying sectors be from a pooled family member? Please advise.

Thanks everyone!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Silver Status

1. From the website:
"You will be automatically upgraded to the next level of membership as soon as your Status Credit and Eligible Sector balances reach the required number to upgrade. Once you upgrade to the next level of membership, you will enjoy your new benefits for a period of 12 months."

2. You have to fly two qualifying sectors, these cannot be pooled.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: qantas
Hi @Domesticgoddess,
Thanks for your reply! Where in the website does it say that the 2 qualifying sectors can't be pooled? I cant seem to find it on the website. Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
Hi ljwalvin. The qualifying sectors need to be flown by the member qualifying - these don't pool like status credits and points do. Just the way the system works. It's pretty good that status credits pool actually, as this is not the way most other airlines' schemes with pooling work.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ljwalvin
Hi @Domesticgoddess,
Thanks for your reply! Where in the website does it say that the 2 qualifying sectors can't be pooled? I cant seem to find it on the website. Thanks.
Pooling T&C refer to Velocity Points and Status credits. There is no reference to pooling of minimum 'eligible flights'.

Having posted that, I can confirm that with travel on an eligible segment with my wife (for a specific example) with her points and SC's pooled to me, my eligible flights tally increased by ONE. I did get her SC's and points however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.