Wiki Posts
Search

Poli???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold
Poli???

Before I begin I should congratulate VA on not logging me out during the process of making an award booking. Sure this should never be a problem, but for VA, it's a genuine improvement.

But then I wanted to make a booking with actual money. And I didn't want to pay some Bravo Sierra credit card surcharge. At this point I'm expecting that there'll be a BPAY option, just like QF.

Nope, something called POLI instead. Never heard of it before. So I click through. I got past the select your bank option and never made it to the login page. I've got a nice little screenshot of the furthest point I achieved, and I'm guessing I didn't get further because of some browser setting like blocking third party cookies.

But I didn't really want to go down this path any further, because it was looking fully dodgy. As far as I can tell, they're going to ask me to enter my bank login details to some third party site! Seriously!

Wonder if VA will refund the CC fee I ended up paying or if the ACCC is interested it.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 3:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

why should the ACCC be interested? there is nothing dodgy about Poli - unless you are going to try claiming that Australia Post is dodgy

Given that you chose to pay by credit card, then I cannot see VA refunding the credit card fee - not unless you take the CC fee to court and somehow manage to get the fee itself to be declared illegal

Last edited by Dave Noble; Nov 29, 2014 at 4:14 am
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: VAG
Does PoLI (or however it's capitalised) seem dodgy? Yes, if you think about it.

Have I ever had any problems with it in practice? Nope.

If I ever did have any problems, would I expect to get my money back? Yes. It's not some random fly-by-night startup, it's Australia Post. I doubt Australia Post is going to deliberately clear out my bank account, and if some security flaw on their site results in some fourth party clearing out my bank account then I'm just going to assume that POLi has enough money to compensate me.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Anyone savvy uses another browser.

The others pay the silly card fee and mumble about ACCC action.

POLI always works for me and costs me zero - a big plus on how things USED to be. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.