Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Partner cards - any advise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Partner cards - any advise

I've passed the hurdle of 1500 status points in 12 months and the airline have changed the rules. Anyone have any experience on sorting this out. They seem to be changing the level saying I need 2500 points in 12 months to attain a partner card. Seems daft to me.

I've called them twice and they keep promising a written reply. Seems that is too hard also.

A friend suggested changing to Sing air and using reciprocal status to access lounges, partner cards in Australia. Seems crazy as I live in sydney.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:17 am

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Hi Dean,

It's not actually 1,500 over 12 months - it's 500 over and above what you need to requalify for Platinum. Sounds like the same thing, but it means you need to look at credits earned since your review date, not the rolling 12 month counter. E.g. I'm at 3,000 for the past 12 months, but only 860 since my requalification date in April - so not even close (yet - I'll get there soon ).

Partner cards are hard to get, but a fabulous part of the program (particularly when coupled with family pooling). In case anyone is curious they are exactly the same as regular status, i.e. you get the hotel/car partner status too, bonus points, complementary upgrade certificates etc.

Cheers, Zac
Old Aug 21, 2014, 5:18 am

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
And welcome to FT btw
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Huh?

If you already have Platinum and renewing for your status year, once you hit 1,300 SCs you're eligible for partner gold and 1,800 will get you parter platinum.

Those levels are clearly detailed in their T&Cs so I'm not sure why the OP is having an issue?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA:Silver VA:Gold
Hi Dean
It took me a little while to clearly undrstand what the T&Cs said about partner gold. It is not available straight after the first time you make Platinum, only after you have requalified. So to get Plat+Partner Gold you need 1300 more SCs in the year after you make Plat for first time (and 1800 for Plat + Partner Plat)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.