Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

3rd VA AGM, Sat 23 August 2014, BNE Dom Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3rd VA AGM, Sat 23 August 2014, BNE Dom Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
So I'm booked along with a friend. If this thing goes ahead that'll be awesome otherwise we'd probably end up at the Aviation Expo.

We're coming down on VA770 landing at 8am 22AUG15.
I'm flying out on JQ942 leaving at 2135 23AUG15.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Unfortunately caviack, it is extremely unlikely to be on at the same time this year as previous years. My busiest time of year happened to coincide with separating our current business (3 partners all going our own way) and setting up my new business - added to that, a legal dispute for a retaining wall with two (unfriendly) neighbours. I'm going to look at mid-November for the event this year, as October is full with events already.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Aviation expo

Originally Posted by caviack
So I'm booked along with a friend. If this thing goes ahead that'll be awesome otherwise we'd probably end up at the Aviation Expo.

We're coming down on VA770 landing at 8am 22AUG15.
I'm flying out on JQ942 leaving at 2135 23AUG15.
Is there a bus that goes to the aviation expo from the airport?

If you are around at the virgin lounge could catch up for lunch and then go to the aviation expo?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP
Unfortunately caviack, it is extremely unlikely to be on at the same time this year as previous years. My busiest time of year happened to coincide with separating our current business (3 partners all going our own way) and setting up my new business - added to that, a legal dispute for a retaining wall with two (unfriendly) neighbours. I'm going to look at mid-November for the event this year, as October is full with events already.
No worries QF WP. Will look at going down in October then, there's the aviation expo to go to anyway and I've got other things going on down there on Sunday. So all is good.

Originally Posted by Beano
Is there a bus that goes to the aviation expo from the airport?

If you are around at the virgin lounge could catch up for lunch and then go to the aviation expo?
It's the Aviation Careers Expo and details can be found here: http://www.aviationaustralia.aero/expo/

There's a free shuttle from the intl terminal.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
I have bitten the bullet and booked VA for the weekend of the 22nd/23rd on the current sale.
The travelbank holds any credit owed to you and when you make a booking Travelbank is one of the payment options.

Note if there isn't enough in the travelbank to cover the cost of the flights then you will need to pay the $7.70 booking fee for the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.