Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

VA LAX departures to move to TBIT - 1 Dec 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VA LAX departures to move to TBIT - 1 Dec 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Update: I called Etihad, Virgin Australia and NZ.

Etihad says I will gain access to the Star Alliance lounge in LAX due to Virgin. Will get gate pass at LAX checkin. Virgin Confirmed the same on call.

I called NZ, they said I would have access in SYD to their lounge bc of Etihad status on ticket with VA- and NOT because of my star gold status. The star gold status access is only valid on Star Alliance ISSUED tickets, not just star alliance flights. So since this is a VA issued ticket, the only access would be via VA through their agreement with Etihad.

I have never heard of a getting access to a third party lounge essentially, but apparently this is the case with Etihad and VA- and then all of VA partners.

Ill confirm once i actually go throw this process in May
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
That's completely wrong. Star Alliance rules state that any *G traveling on a *A flight, with the US domestic exception for MileagePlus *Gs wanting to use United Clubs, can.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Perfect!! I thought it was wrong but clearly wasn't going to argue with an agent on the phone.. Looks like I'm save in SYD regardless. We shall see what happens in LAX
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum
Will VA continue to fly out of the older section of TBIT or are there plans for VA to be assigned one of the new gates?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by hard8
Will VA continue to fly out of the older section of TBIT or are there plans for VA to be assigned one of the new gates?
For the past few times I've flown out of TBIT, the VA departure gate is just down from the central shop area and close to the where the lounge is.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:24 pm

Last night VA8 went from 123A - at the far, far, far end of TBIT. Unfortunately that made running for the flight (courtesy of DL1644 running ~90-100 minutes late out of DTW) a taxing experience. Unfortunately VA8 was already closed off and gate staff wouldn't even consider recalling to allow us to board. Even more frustrating was the fact that VA8 sat there for another 20-25 minutes before it pushed off. /endrant
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
They're in the process of demolishing the last of the old gates at the northeast end of the terminal. Once that's complete there won't be any old gates remaining.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
My daughter flew back on VA2 two nites ago and said the flight departed from the far end of the terminal at gate 123. However when I flew back from LAX back in May the flight departed from one of the new gates.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In January, my VA flight departed from Gate 136 IIRC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.