Search

Virgin Australia's Flight Specials App

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Hey guys!

My first here on FlyerTalk!

Using the Virgin Australia app for iPhones "Flight Specials" I wanted to ask anyone if they knew how often the destinations are updated. I can see that there is a date expiry for the destinations.

A few days ago there were destinations to North America (LAX, LAS, IAD, BOS, etc) but they've disappeared!

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

My first post here on FlyerTalk*
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Hi

I was just searching for information on the virgin app but there doesn't appear to be much. I was trying to add my booking to it and had just downloaded it today and it doesn't work!!! It said contact virgin so I did and they said "it works on their side"! Bah - I'll have to kill a few trees and print the tickets off. Would have been easier if the agent just booked it all on the one ticket so it would show up on my air nz app.

Anyway, no idea about your destinations, but just my 2 cents on a wee part of the app.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I only use it to check in (and only then when I'm certain I'll be on that particular flight) but it works for me. One of the (many) poor features is that it doesn't keep a Velocity login so I have to enter it every time. As an App it's pretty worthless, but then you could say that about the abysmal design and functionality of the VA web site generally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.