Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access flying VS Little Red?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Lounge access flying VS Little Red?

Wondering if anyone with Velocity status has flown Virgin Atlantic's Little Red domestic UK service and whether they have been granted lounge access at either LHR Terminal 1, Manchester or Edinburgh?

I'm Velocity Gold and am looking at some flights, but the VS site appears to stipulate only VS Gold will have access, and I'm in no rush to be turned away in shame at a lounge!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
Wondering if anyone with Velocity status has flown Virgin Atlantic's Little Red domestic UK service and whether they have been granted lounge access at either LHR Terminal 1, Manchester or Edinburgh?

I'm Velocity Gold and am looking at some flights, but the VS site appears to stipulate only VS Gold will have access, and I'm in no rush to be turned away in shame at a lounge!
I have flown 9 sectors with VS Little Red as Velocity Platinum, all between LHR and EDI. Bottom line is that as LHR T1 and EDI are contract lounges operated by Servisair, we are not entitled to lounge access.

However, I have on three occasions at LHR T1 been given a lounge pass on checkin at the counter, and always had the boarding pass noted for Fasttrack Security. At EDI they have Fasttrack stickers to go on the boarding passes, but I've only once been offered a Lounge Pass.

At LHR, the Servisair lounge is near the *A lounge, and some distance from the Domestic Gate 8 area Little Red uses. Between the two is the boarding pass/photo check which can get busy, so using the lounge needs some time.

At EDI the Servisair lounge is near Gate 4 which is quite handy for Gate 6 commonly used by VS.

In any case, a Priority Pass will get you in to both lounges if Velocity Gold does not. They are not a patch on real Virgin lounges, but are better than nothing. And you may have more luck than me, because the VA Gold card is actually gold - the black VA Plat one just confuses people
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Thanks for the quick and detailed response adl73x – very helpful and greatly appreciated. Should I end up booking these flights I'll report back on my experience. Thanks again.

Last edited by inasmuchas; Jun 4, 2013 at 4:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.