Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading on an M fare.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Upgrading on an M fare.

Hey. I was wondering if there is any way to get an upgrade from Economy to UC with miles on an M fare. IAD-LHR
Any hints?
Thanks...
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by italian7
Hey. I was wondering if there is any way to get an upgrade from Economy to UC with miles on an M fare. IAD-LHR
Any hints?
Thanks...
Hi,

I do not think you will be able to do this prior ot the day of departure as the fares for upgrading using miles are Y B L I think.

On the day of departure you could ask at the ticketing desk at IAD if you could upgrade using miles (30k one way)

Good luck.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Oct 21, 2006 at 8:07 am Reason: Correcting L class for H class for uppgrade classes
Old Oct 21, 2006, 7:30 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Y, B, and L, TBS - H is a Virgin Holidays Premium Economy ticket.

As TBS says, however, there is no official way to upgrade an M using miles, other than paying cash to "up" it to an L, then using miles. Often, this can work out quite expensive.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by preiffer
Y, B, and L, TBS - H is a Virgin Holidays Premium Economy ticket.

As TBS says, however, there is no official way to upgrade an M using miles, other than paying cash to "up" it to an L, then using miles. Often, this can work out quite expensive.
Hi,

Thanks for that preiffer.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.