Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cost of changing a booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Cost of changing a booking

I am holding a one way ticket in full Y from LHR to JFK. I would like to change the ticket and add a return flight. How much change fee would be required to do this?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by upnup
I am holding a one way ticket in full Y from LHR to JFK. I would like to change the ticket and add a return flight. How much change fee would be required to do this?
Full Y fare has no change fee. You just need to pay fare difference.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:09 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
If you are not already aware, cash one way flights with Virgin Atlantic are very expensive. I have just done some LHR-JFK dummy bookings and can't get a one way in economy for under $1400 - a non-flex return is an awful lot cheaper.

I have never bought a fully flex Y ticket, so don't know if you get any dispensation when adding a return to it, but if you don't - get ready for a big bill.

If you have points, it will be a lot more cost effective to use them for the return trip.

Nick
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
That's a first for that question that I can recall. One way Y's are usually around the same cost as return Y's however one way would be to cancel it, since it's fully refundable, and book a return anew. This is best discussed in terms of options / pricing etc. with VS on the phone before you do it. Please do update us with the difference / changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.