Search

Upgrade DL Award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Upgrade DL Award ticket?

Hello,
I'm flying on VS602 JNB-LHR then VS3 from LHR-JFK in Y. I purchased this ticket on Delta.com using Skymiles. Will I be eligible to upgrade at the airport? If so, will I need to pay for it in cash or could I do it with VS or Delta miles?

Any estimates on the cost to upgrade to PE or UC?

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
I don't believe you will be able to mix Skymiles and FC miles on the same booking, unless you get an agent (at the airport) who doesn't know either (which can sometimes happen). Whether you can upgrade a redemption paid with with Skymiles with further Skymiles is a question I can't answer.

You also need to check availability for your flight, if you booked through DL then you should check through the same route since reward availability on the VS web site may not come from the same allocation of seats.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:20 pm

I can't tell you about upgrades at the airport, but you should be able to upgrade in advance with DL miles. Keep an eye on award availability for your flight, and if a UC seat opens up then you can call DL and upgrade to UC for the difference in miles plus a change fee. I did this in March 14--was booked UC outbound and Y inbound. I kept a close eye on my inbound flight, and when a UC seat opened up I called DL and upgraded. I just had to pay the additional miles and a change fee--well worth it to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.