Wiki Posts
Search

VS Gold on Delta domestic

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
VS Gold on Delta domestic

I'm mainly a BA flyer and new to this forum. I got VS Gold on the Little Red status match a few months ago, and have a complex itinerary coming up within the US. What is the benefit I should expect flying on a DL flight in the US? I'm going to be going FLL/ATL. If I buy an economy ticket, does my VS gold get me an automatic upgrade? And will it give me access to a DL lounge?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DominicB
....If I buy an economy ticket, does my VS gold get me an automatic upgrade? And will it give me access to a DL lounge?
No and Yes.

Our new Partnership with Delta Air Lines means that Gold members will receive the following benefits when travelling on any Delta operated service regardless of class of travel.

Priority Check in
Priority Baggage
Extra Baggage (maximum allowance in Business Class is 3 pieces)
Priority Security
Priority Boarding
Access to any of Delta's Sky Clubs (must have a transatlantic sector to/from the UK on the same day within the itinerary)
Access to preferred seating
Flying Club Gold members will earn 100% extra of base flown miles on all Delta flights.
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/us/en...edlounges.html

Last edited by TerryK; Nov 16, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
VS Au will get you Delta Economy Plus seating within the US, plus the other priority benefits as noted above. Ensure your Au number is in your booking and when you access your DL reservation online you'll be able to select economy plus seating. It's a benefit that is worth it. FC Au does also put you on the list for upgrades, but since ATL is Delta's prime hub it may be popular with DL's top tier fliers who come out ahead of you in priority, so don't expect it to happen.

Note that only internal flights that are connections to or from an international sector get lounge access.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Stuff
Delta treat VS Au cardholders far better than Virgin America do IMHO! I was automatically upgraded to Economy Plus on my last few flights, as well as automatically being waitlisted for first class upgrades.. You can use their first class checkin and priority boarding queues. You also get up to 2 free bags in the hold...

All of the above on Virgin was chargeable..!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.