Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco Clubcard points promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
It used to work with BA miles, so long as the surname is the same. Haven't seen the question asked for a wee while though.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
In the past I have used Tesco vouchers in my daughter's name and used them to do manual conversion directly into my VFC a/c for miles.

If you transfer Virgin miles from one member to another Virgin will I believe levy a charge under 'transfer miles' process.

Good luck anyway.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
They did run the 1000 miles promo about this time last year when Virgin Atlantic joined the Clubcard scheme. Got those miles and cancelled the auto conversion... Wonder if I'll get the 1000 miles for doing it again...
Craig: how long did the 1000 bonus miles for "auto opting in" take to post after you actually opted in?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flood
Craig: how long did the 1000 bonus miles for "auto opting in" take to post after you actually opted in?
Can't really say with too much certainty, but I think it took awhile...

My Flying Club account shows a "Tesco Clubcard Manual Conversion" on 28 Jan 12, and the 1000 miles of "Tesco Clubcard Auto Tippers Conversion" on 12 May 12.

It's entirely likely that I signed up for the auto opt in when converting the last of my vouchers in Jan 12... They may well want to see you maintain the auto conversion for more than 1 Tesco statement cycle before they give you the bonus...
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:52 am

Fair enough, cheers.

I've opted in and done a manual conversion so will wait and see. With a 50% bonus on converting I still dont think it's exceptional value, but substantially better than 625miles/£2.50
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
I'm on auto convert so I've got about 2,000 points at the moment pending conversion in March - should be at least 4,000 by then too

Happy days
Originally Posted by higham44
Then certainly worth considering for conversion by that time. Where you thinking of going with them?
Nothing planned at the moment - just saving them up.

Is the next Tesco 'end of period' going to be before the closing date for this offer, does anyone know?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:20 am

I could be wrong but I believe the next "end of period" for Tesco is the end of January, while this offer runs until March 5th if memory serves
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flood
I could be wrong but I believe the next "end of period" for Tesco is the end of January, while this offer runs until March 5th if memory serves
Yes, the current cycle ends at the end of January. So you should get vouchers in early Feb and either automatic and manual transfer before 5 March...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Just wondering roughly how long the online conversion process ought to take ?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Not entirely sure to be honest.
Looking on my account it says I've had the Tesco conversion in Feb 2012, May 2012, August 2012 and last in November 2012.
Usually shows on my VA account quite quickly.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I converted some vouchers after noticing the promotion and had them appear in my VAFC a/c within a couple of days.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:06 am

Manual conversion that I did last week took a couple of days - was quite impressed with the speed!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
I had my vouchers converted into points next day.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:43 am

Has anyone received the 1000 VS miles for opting into the auto convert yet?

Craig: also interested to see if you get them "again"?!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:43 am

For the record, I have not received my 1000 miles yet, although the auto miles for the Tesco period ending in January have posted across with the 50% bonus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.