Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class massage changes?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 1:15 am
Original Poster

First class massage changes?

Went to lift up my armrest to make use of the massage function today (ship 526), and only the on/off buttons were visible. There was a placard placed over the other two controls to hide them, and the on/off buttons were actually labeled "on" and "off". Now, the functionality still sucked, but it's nice that these labels were put in. Also, I know the other buttons have some function, which I never figured out, so I don't know what was lost by this change. I remember a posting by SFO 1K claiming that he knew how to operate the other buttons, but even though I asked him to elaborate, I never got an answer! I also can't find the thread where he said that....
Old Jun 23, 2008, 6:23 am

I believe one was a lower back and the other was a calf massage function, but the only one I've ever been able to feel is the lower back. The adjustments were the feel of the massage - i.e., how deep the massage felt with your back pressed against the seat. I remember someone did post detail of each function, but I don't remember who or where.

Last edited by articos; Jun 23, 2008 at 6:28 am
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:28 pm

Anyone know if the massage functions are still present?

Been flying F for the last 5 years many times and never even heard about this option. Have a flight in a few weeks so I can check...

But just wondering if anyone knows if they are still there. I read some info that they might have taken them out.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by elawton
Anyone know if the massage functions are still present?

Been flying F for the last 5 years many times and never even heard about this option. Have a flight in a few weeks so I can check...

But just wondering if anyone knows if they are still there. I read some info that they might have taken them out.
As of 8/21, the F seat's massage functions are still present, but I only got the lower back massage feature to work (never got the calf/leg massage to work).

There are three groups of UP/DOWN buttons under your armrest (same side as the fold-out tray). Pushing only the top/UP buttons ever worked for me. I think the center pair of buttons "inflates" the lumbar support for your lower back. I think the top pair of buttons turns on/off the massage feature, but I could be mistaken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.