Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Channeling Spirit - Can't Reserve Anything But Middle Seat Without Paying Extra

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Booked my daughter on Virgin America - and see that I can't reserve her anything other than a middle seat without paying an extra $20.

If they are going to do that, they should disclose that at the time of booking - my experience up until now has been that except with Spirit and Frontier - US carriers allow you to choose your seat for free.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Booked my daughter on Virgin America - and see that I can't reserve her anything other than a middle seat without paying an extra $20.

If they are going to do that, they should disclose that at the time of booking - my experience up until now has been that except with Spirit and Frontier - US carriers allow you to choose your seat for free.
I saw plenty of windows and aisles (in the back half of the plane) when I booked my VX flights and there was no charge....did you book close (less than a month) before departure? If that's the case then that makes sense...I booked my October flights last December and there was quite a bit available for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.