Wiki Posts
Search

AS 60 Day rule applies to VX fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS
AS 60 Day rule applies to VX fares

Just found out today that AS 60 day rule applies to VX fares booked on AS site.
If date of travel is beyond 60 days, you can change or cancel ticket without fee.
If you change and fare is different, you must pay the difference. (or get credit to Wallet, if lower)
This Allows some "wiggle" room for flights booked in the fall or holidays.
I just write reminders to check before 60 days expires to make sure I still want to keep that flight.
It is printed under the fare rules after booking. It will say , "this is a non-refundable fare". Then list date you can still makes changes, if needed.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
1. Did you find out in a conversation with AS reservations?
2. What about within 60 days for MVP Gold 75k? Full credit to wallet?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS
Posted question directly to AS employee who is helping to answer questions on FT regarding the AS / VX merger.
SEE
Alaska/ Mileage Plan FT forum
Third thread down........Sticky: Questions to Missy - Post #423
This is a good place for information about changing policies from AS and VX operations. (i.e.: AS Visa companion code can now be used on VX flights)
She answered my question directly.
Since I am not gold or 75, do not have direct experience with this.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
VX fares are not bookable on the AS Site. They are actually AS fares, thus AS rules apply for tickets on AS Stock. Now if you book through VX site it does not apply. It even applied to AS ticketed AA/DL operated were eligible for free changes. Although if you have the right CC, VX purchased flights also don't have a change fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.