Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Logan terminal change

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Boston Logan terminal change

I noticed during my Christmas trip back east that, presumably due to the Alaska/VX merger, VX has moved to Logan Terminal C. As skeptical as I am about the merger (very), I have to say this is a welcome change.

Sure, Logan C isn't the best terminal in the world (no matter what you do, it's still Logan), but it beats the stuffing out of that little hovel they used to hold us in at Terminal B.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Old news:

VX moving to Terminal C at BOS

Don't get too excited. This little area is the worst part of Terminal C by far.
Just three gates in that area and it can be very cramped when the three gates are occupied.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
VX's space at Logan is so bad, it's actually charming. If you're going to make your gate area like a bus terminal, go whole-hog, I say.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Old news:

VX moving to Terminal C at BOS

Don't get too excited. This little area is the worst part of Terminal C by far.
Just three gates in that area and it can be very cramped when the three gates are occupied.
We flew out of there on the 3rd for the first time. What a disappointment. I was hoping to use the "The Lounge" in terminal C before our flight (with our Priority Pass). No such luck as C40, C41 and C42 make their own crappy little terminal cut off air side from everything else. VX should be embarrassed for having to use those gates and Logan should some how tie in access to the rest of the terminal.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
We flew out of there on the 3rd for the first time. What a disappointment. I was hoping to use the "The Lounge" in terminal C before our flight (with our Priority Pass). No such luck as C40, C41 and C42 make their own crappy little terminal cut off air side from everything else. VX should be embarrassed for having to use those gates and Logan should some how tie in access to the rest of the terminal.
Welcome to the Hell AS pax have been dealing with for a while now You can access the Lounge, you just have to deal with TSA twice.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
It was not terrible when B6 used to use it for the BOS-DCA flights. Smaller planes with mostly O/D traffic so people showed up a few minutes before boarding and didn't wait around much. Pretty bad for East to West Coast flights with longer wait times in the terminal and more passengers crammed in there.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
It was not terrible when B6 used to use it for the BOS-DCA flights. Smaller planes with mostly O/D traffic so people showed up a few minutes before boarding and didn't wait around much. Pretty bad for East to West Coast flights with longer wait times in the terminal and more passengers crammed in there.
I was thinking the same thing. Short-haul less than 90 minuets I wouldn't care - but for a transcontinental 6 hour flight BOS-SFO - not a very good way to send off what I would call a premium route.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:51 pm

After writing the last comment I checked and all Alaska and VX flights exit C40, C41 and C42; which are ALL transcontinental flights. Good grief. Alaska should do a better job of negotiating their gates at Boston.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.