Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

When did the Redemption Desk become the Burn Desk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold

It used to be that booking partner flights was done via the Redemption Desk. As recently as April. Now you call and ask for that, and the morons in Denver treat you like you're asking to speak to someone on Mars. Apparently its called the Burn Desk.

Burn Desk sounds horrible. Why the name change?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Just part of the VX way. I wish they would make it clear on the website. It was via VX chat that it was explained what to ask for when I call.

Rasheed
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
I wish they would make it clear, too.

I disagree that it's the "VX way". The VX way used to be naming things with class (as opposed to trashily, like 'burn desk'). And having a website that made clear who to ask for when you call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.