Wiki Posts
Search

Denver Call Center

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VX Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Denver Call Center

I understand that VX launched SFO-DEN, and as part of that, they "created jobs" by launching a Denver-based call center in Aurora, CO. The problem is that this new call center is incompetent beyond belief! Their staff do not know a single thing about VX! I just called now and the person asked for my record locator. Had I never flown a legacy, I wouldn't know what she's talking about! It's called a confirmation code! Or a PNR... The same person also told me that complimentary upgrades to MCS were available a week before departure. But of course, when i pushed her to do it, she said "no available" (perhaps, only perhaps, because it isn't actually available until T-24 for golds and T-12 for silvers...). Pathetic. I could rant on and on about this, but I had to share it.

To be sure: the folks based on Dallas and Seattle are fine. But my problem is that 8/10 i get connected to a Denver-based incompetent. Totally unacceptable!
Old May 13, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
Wow that's saying something. The Xerox people in SEA used to be considered the least bright when compared to DAL.

In the end maybe they know Alaska will cut them all loose so they don't care.
Old May 13, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
This has been noted several times in other threads. The SEA office was never great either but these new people seem like they were just pulled off the street minutes before the call started. The training they seem to get is "good luck". Make up any answer you think would be logical and hope the customer believes it. Terrible degradation of the brand.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by vxlax
I understand that VX launched SFO-DEN, and as part of that, they "created jobs" by launching a Denver-based call center in Aurora, CO. The problem is that this new call center is incompetent beyond belief! Their staff do not know a single thing about VX! I just called now and the person asked for my record locator. Had I never flown a legacy, I wouldn't know what she's talking about! It's called a confirmation code! Or a PNR... The same person also told me that complimentary upgrades to MCS were available a week before departure. But of course, when i pushed her to do it, she said "no available" (perhaps, only perhaps, because it isn't actually available until T-24 for golds and T-12 for silvers...). Pathetic. I could rant on and on about this, but I had to share it.

To be sure: the folks based on Dallas and Seattle are fine. But my problem is that 8/10 i get connected to a Denver-based incompetent. Totally unacceptable!
In my years working for an airline it has been called many things Record Locator, confirmation code, file number, PNR locator etc. So just because they don't call it the same thing that you do to me isn't something to get worked up about. The fact that they don't know the policy of upgrading is just bad training.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:09 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
I've had the pleasure of calling the Elevate Gold line a few times in the last week to get clarification on the Gold Status Challenge and each time the CSRs were incredibly clueless. I don't know which call center I was passed to. I thought VX was known for it's great customer service?
Old May 13, 2016, 7:05 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Similarly, I called the Gold line last week to ask about the upgrade window -- and was told it was 6 hrs for Golds. It seems like a basic thing for the Gold line to know the ins and outs of the Gold status level...
Old May 14, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Similarly, I called the Gold line last week to ask about the upgrade window -- and was told it was 6 hrs for Golds. It seems like a basic thing for the Gold line to know the ins and outs of the Gold status level...
It's a bit of a ruse. You reach the same agents, no matter which number you call.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
In my years working for an airline it has been called many things Record Locator, confirmation code, file number, PNR locator etc. So just because they don't call it the same thing that you do to me isn't something to get worked up about.
I agree. When I worked at the Disney Reservations Center, we sold packages with airline tickets. Different people would use different terms. That was especially true of travel agents. Some were adamant that it was a "PNR". One or two calls later, a different travel agent would insist on calling it a "Record Locator".
Old May 17, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic
Called into the Denver call center for the first time today.

Definitely a downgraded experience. Totally clueless on procedures and basic stuff about the airline.

Oh well. RIP VX.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

In my years working for an airline it has been called many things Record Locator, confirmation code, file number, PNR locator etc. So just because they don't call it the same thing that you do to me isn't something to get worked up about. The fact that they don't know the policy of upgrading is just bad training.
My point is that VX made a branding decision to call it "confirmation code" -- presumably because its the most customer-friendly term. Infrequent fliers might not know what a PNR or "record locator" is. So when they send out emails containing confirmation codes, the agents should use the same terminology to ensure brand consistency/unity.

Yes, I know this is a very minor point -- but it just underscores some of the brand problems being caused by the Denver call center.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:36 am

My point is that VX made a branding decision to call it "confirmation code" -- presumably because its the most customer-friendly term. Infrequent fliers might not know what a PNR or "record locator" is. So when they send out emails containing confirmation codes, the agents should use the same terminology to ensure brand consistency/unity.

Yes, I know this is a very minor point -- but it just underscores some of the brand problems being caused by the Denver call center.
If that is what they are doing then I agree. But again it all boils down to bad training.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

If that is what they are doing then I agree. But again it all boils down to bad training.

The training is atrocious. They're trained to say "it's a great day here in Denver" and also to remind elites to bring their headphones but they don't seem to be trained at much else. I think an Indian call center would do the job better.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AS 75K
They're trained to say "it's a great day here in Denver" and also to remind elites to bring their headphones but they don't seem to be trained at much else.
This.

It's ridiculous that they're marketing their in-flight amenities at you when you call the elite line. I'm always tempted to say "ma'am, I flew with you 30 times last year; I'm quite aware of the (crappy, slow) in-flight entertainment system."

The AS elite lines are incredible. Their people are super well-trained, and I often spend less than one minute from dial to hang-up with them. Can't wait for the transition.

Last edited by jamesreggio; Jun 3, 2016 at 8:49 am Reason: Wasn't aware that you can't call something s***ty on FlyerTalk
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
This Denver call center is abysmal. These people have no idea what they're talking about — although admittedly, they've gotten *somewhat* better since April.

Does anyone know if the Dallas contact center is still open? Has anyone spoken to a VX rep recently who said they're from Dallas?

Also, has the elite silver/gold email responses also been shifted to the Denver flunkies? I sent them an email inquiring about getting more ViaSat codes (which I did b/c VX's initial ViaSat email said "email the Gold Desk" to get more). Some idiot responded saying "Hey its XXXX from the BURN team" ... "below is some information that you'll find useful for ViaSat" and then he pasted the instructions to either (1) use the ViaSat chat to launch a free session [it doesn't work, they direct you to VX] or to email VX Gold [which apparently doesn't work, because you get an idiot telling you to email them].
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Dallas is very much open as of yesterday, as I now ask when I call in. Not sure of Seattle, where I find the best experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.