Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX credit card now gets priority boarding

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

VX credit card now gets priority boarding

I flew VX over the weekend. I just noticed now that VX credit card holders now have priority boarding status.

It is currently slotted after Business Class and Elevate Gold & Silver, but before "families with kids" and standard boarding classes. You simply have to just flash them your CC.

Finally, another serious perk that will count towards whether I'll keep the card. (not that it matters b/c even if I cancel, I can still keep the card and flash it during my boarding)

Based on my points earning rate and how often I fly (infrequent), the $150 companion ticket is almost worthless to me, as by the time I need to fly, I would have earned enough thru my CC spending to get free flights.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:15 pm

My wife and I flew three VX flights at the end of March. On two of them we were offered early boarding with our VX CC. The third flight (from LAX to SFO) it was not offered. I think it is possible that because it's new the gate agent simply forgot. Either way, it is a great perk, especially on full flights!
Old May 22, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
Thanks for the heads up! That is a great perk. Will be flying VX this holiday weekend and I'll be sure to keep this in mind.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

hmm, didn't know about the inconsistency of this policy.

So I flew SFO to SEA. In SFO, they didn't announce VX CC boarding, but in SEA they did. Interesting...might be at the discretion of the attendant? Or inconsistent application of policy.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 6:32 pm

Was surprised to be offered this recently SFO-LAX. As described,just prior to Group A. It was a fairly empty flight (several non-rev crew on board), not sure if that's a variable. Overheard a guy waiting comment to his friend, "now they're letting Virgin Visa cards board early..." so it may not be written anywhere yet...
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:29 pm

Just flew from DAL to SFO this past Monday. Early boarding was NOT offered for VX CC holders. Didn't feel the love...
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: VX Elevate, B6 TrueBlue, DL SkyMiles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mdosu
(not that it matters b/c even if I cancel, I can still keep the card and flash it during my boarding)
Which makes you a dishonest cheat.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
I expect flashing your CC to attain this benefit is an interim solution and would anticipate VX to soon implement more officially via assigning a higher boarding group for cardholders directly on your BP.

They've recently invested in Sabre product enhancements to enable automating this kind of benefit.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Just heard this offer for the first time today (PDX-SFO).

The guy gave the rundown of how the boarding was to proceed and ask people not to crowd the gate entrance and slowing the flow of people. And they listened! Wow!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.