Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Will be the first time flying Virgin America....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry

in March.

Used Amex MR points to transfer (since now having a 35% transfer special to VA).

Will be in MCS for JFK-PSP.

Anyone take this route and what should I expect in MCS?.....is it closer to F then it is to E? Or just like UA Econ+ .....just extra legroom ....though it does say WIFI, Food and entertainment are included.

Any comments are appreciated..thanks
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MCS is regular (narrow) seats with 6 inches of extra legroom and free food / drinks / entertainment.

F has wide (21 inch) seats and even more legroom (55 inches of pitch) and seats that recline a lot more.

I would say that it depends what's important to you. I find economy-width airline seats very uncomfortable (I have very wide shoulders) so the extra width of F is important to me. If you are not that wide and just want some extra legroom, MCS should be fine.

Edit: Wifi is not included in any fare class (including F). You have to pay for it. I think you misread the details -- wifi is available, but not free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.