Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Gate Contest Today. Free RT if paid with VX CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

When I was arriving a bit late for my DAL-LGA flight today, they were having a Virgin Credit card thing at the gate with cupcakes. I missed most of the giveaways but they were doing a grand prize of a refund of your RT fare if you paid with the VX CC.

I don't know if this is happening in other cities but my MR for silver today is now free.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did everyone who paid with the CC get this? Or did your name get drawn from a hat or something?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Did everyone who paid with the CC get this? Or did your name get drawn from a hat or something?
I was getting my seat assignment from the gate agent as the CC person was making the announcement. When I was handed my boarding pass, the announcement was over and I just handed her my boarding pass. I think everyone who paid with the VX CC could win but I was the only one. They had a printed sheet ready and made some marks by my name. The "winnings" will go on my CC statement as a credit so no use in saying you paid with VX CC if you didn't.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
They should have done an event like this when they launched this flight addition. I was on the inaugural flight out of LGA and there was indeed a party with mimosa and sweets going at the gate. Would have been nice touch with the CC folks being there too..
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
They have done this on at least one other occassion. I was walking up to my gate and saw a big hulabaloo happening nearby with cupcakes so I walked over to ask what it was about. Based on the signage I figured it was just trying ot get people to sign up for the CC. I mentioned I already had it and they said "oh well you get your flight free!" Very nice surprise.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
A question that I shudder to ask: If you paid with your reservation with the CC and it becomes free due to one of these contests, whither your points?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
A question that I shudder to ask: If you paid with your reservation with the CC and it becomes free due to one of these contests, whither your points?
Flight points posted as paid. "Winnings" post as CC statement credit so no effect on points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.