Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

No more SFO to SIN coach for 40k elevate points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

I always noticed that it was only 40k points to redeem a coach seat on Singapore Air from SFO to SIN. Today, SIN is not showing up as an option, only HK and Seoul. Anyone aware of this?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum, VX Gold, SPG Gold
Looking at SIN's Route Map, it doesn't show any service from SIN to the US anymore on their metal.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Likely just a website bug. You can use the same number of points to fly SFO-SIN via either HKG or ICN.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
It is just a website bug, and they're aware of it. The Singapore Air SFO-SIN is still available, as is the Hawaiian Air SFO-Tokyo/Osaka/Sapporo (which also wasn't showing up).

Just got off the phone with Virgin America's reward redemption folks and asked them about this.

As of this posting, their whole reward flight calculator is down, so nothing actually shows up. She said they're in the process of fixing it, so it should be back up soon.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After a long time down, the reward calculator is back up.

I was worried that the deals were going to get worse (elevate pts are worth quite a lot when redeemed with partners) but the good deals are still there.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I dont see JFK-SIN avaialble for 40K elevate points on the calculator. Is it still available when we call? Tried calling but the partner airline agents are in a meeting...
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:53 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
On the phone with the partner reward desk just now, and was told that

SIN-IAH and SIN-JFK roundtrip in economy is 80k
SIN-SFO roundtrip in economy is 56k
SIN-LAX roundtrip in economy is 60k

The way the agent calculated this is by breaking it into two awards, e.g., SIN-NRT and NRT-LAX, since the city pair SIN and LAX do not appear in their system.

Is this correct? If yes, when was the change made?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.