Search

RocketMiles adds Virgin America

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
RocketMiles adds Virgin America

Just got an email from both the CEO (responding to my email where I commented I wanted them added), and the general announcement email that RocketMiles is adding Virgin America to their supported partners:

Earn 500 - 3,000 Elevate points per hotel night booked. With Virgin Elevate, award flights start at just 2,500 points, so your next Rocketmiles booking will get you well on your way to tasting wine in Napa, exploring the Freedom Trail in Boston, or swimming with dolphins along the Mayan Riviera. Wherever it may be, we're here to help enable your next vacation.
The structure for them is a little different, as it appears to be starting lower (500 vs 1,000) than the legacy carriers.

One thing worth noting, you still get the 1,000 miles in Virgin America Elevate points if you refer or are referred...so that's a nice 2,000 Elevate point bump.

Last edited by PainCorp; Jun 20, 2013 at 4:08 pm
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:49 pm

If I use a referral code from this thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...s-conga-3.html, will I still receive the 3000 point bonus for my first Rocketmiles booking?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paradox
If I use a referral code from this thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...s-conga-3.html, will I still receive the 3000 point bonus for my first Rocketmiles booking?
There might be a better way...a blog (don't remember which at the moment) worked out a deal for their readers to get both the 1,000 miles for being referred, plus the 1,000 miles they (the blog) would have normally gotten for referring is being given to the readers, so you could get 5,000 if you can find their link.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
This bonus is quite attractive I mean 5K is pretty tidy. Problem is I'm based outside of the US so this may be a bit tough.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:49 pm

Thanks, PainCorp. I found the blog you referenced. 5K + the Elevate points for the nightly booking is a sweet bonus. Here the link for others: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...iles/#comments
Old Jun 21, 2013, 6:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lsed
This bonus is quite attractive I mean 5K is pretty tidy. Problem is I'm based outside of the US so this may be a bit tough.
Bit tough how? VX has AMAZING partner redemptions.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
tough for me to do the booking and gaining the bonus points from rocket.

I have been eyeing VX for partner redemptions for a couple of months now
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:03 pm
Suspended

If I book with Rocketmiles in the next few days, I'm going to wind up with 7500 elevate points. Does that get me anything? A free upgrade to first class at least?

I could not seem to find their award chart.

Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
If I book with Rocketmiles in the next few days, I'm going to wind up with 7500 elevate points. Does that get me anything? A free upgrade to first class at least?

I could not seem to find their award chart.

You need to take a deeper look at the Elevate program before you "invest" in it....it's much different than the legacy programs.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:39 pm
Suspended

Well, that's the reason for my question here. The website will not let me "look" unless there are already points in my account (which there aren't at this time).

I can go to partners and click on the calculator and the lowest I see is a one-way coach to Honolulu or Maui for 12K.

So again I ask - can I get anything for 7500 by just flying Virgin America-no partner? A one-way? Upgrade? Anything...?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:52 pm

So again I ask - can I get anything for 7500 by just flying Virgin America-no partner? A one-way? Upgrade? Anything...?
I don't know where you're located, but I plugged in a couple of cities for a random date, just to compare the cost using cash vs points. For a one way flight SFO to LAS, it cost $108.90 or 4558 points + $2.50 fee. That's nearly 42 points/dollar. I have never booked an award flight on Virgin America, so I have no idea whether it's a flat exchange rate or not. If it is, you might be able to get a one way flight in the $175 range for the 7500 points. Just speculatin'.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Thanks paradox - that gives me an idea of what I can expect. I will probably follow through with this promo and try to score a free one-way. Yeah, it's probably worth it....

I just wish they flew into DEN...maybe someday.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Virgin America is a revenue program, so the points each have a value (I think ~2.2 cents per point, but I may be wrong). Can you get a flight for 7,500? Yes, but it will be something like LAX-SFO or LAX-LAS.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Thanks PainCorp. I'm betting on either a one-way SFO-LAS or LAX-LAS (or vice-versa). I want to check out their product as I think it is unique and very cool. I've never flown Virgin before.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks PainCorp. I'm betting on either a one-way SFO-LAS or LAX-LAS (or vice-versa). I want to check out their product as I think it is unique and very cool. I've never flown Virgin before.
I love their product. I've booked 3 round trips with them through the end of the year already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.