Wiki Posts
Search

VX Partners with...Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold

Just got an email about this from Elevate. Surprises me that Singapore is partnering with them since VX and UA (*A) are going at it.

http://www.virginamerica.com/vx/sing...tners_earn_004
Old Mar 4, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
This is just an extension of their code share agreement back in December. Now, you can ear FF miles.

http://www.virginamerica.com/press-r...-codeshare.com

SQ has never been a big supporter of the *A and its' partners. They never code shared with UA and used US as their partner. With US going the way of OW, they had to look for a replacement.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:33 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond

I think what's amazing here is that you can use the points for SQ F NYC-SIN at a fixed 135,000 Pts. Earning might fluctuate with fares but this is a great fixed redemption option.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by daveland
I think what's amazing here is that you can use the points for SQ F NYC-SIN at a fixed 135,000 Pts.
Maybe. If they never open up inventory to partners it doesn't matter what the rates are.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Maybe. If they never open up inventory to partners it doesn't matter what the rates are.
Yes, but atleast you HAVE a chance to snag a SQ J or F award seat with VX miles. With Star A partners, they are blocked off completely and all star partners will advise you that you can't book J or F awards on SQ from the get go. What would be interesting to see is what kind of availability of SQ space we will see with VX. Guess we will know starting tomorrow (March 7)
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
SQ does not block off all F/J premium awards to all Star partners. You can get them thru LH's programme.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by kaushik123
With Star A partners, they are blocked off completely and all star partners will advise you that you can't book J or F awards on SQ from the get go.
I must have been hallucinating when I thought I was flying SQ from HKG to DPS.

In fact, regional SQ C is very, very easy to come by as a *A award.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 7, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.