Wiki Posts
Search

Weather at JFK this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Weather at JFK this weekend

Looks like the weather's going to get pretty nasty in NYC this weekend. I'm supposed to be flying out from JFK-SFO Friday evening, when the snow looks like it will be particularly bad.

Would love to be able to move to the morning flight before the storm arrives, but am less keen to pay the $300 difference + $100 change fee when I am betting the later flight will be cancelled regardless.

For some reason, VX is only allowing people with flights to/from BOS to make changes for free. Anyone have any thoughts as to how to move my flight or when VX would extend its travel advisory to NYC as well?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:17 am

Situations like this are very fluid, and change based on the updates to the conditions. Since the situation was only forecast to BOS first, and later updated to include JFK, it now includes JFK as well...This is the most recent announcement.

Due to forecasted winter storms in the Northeast region which may cause flight delays or cancellations, all travelers headed to or departing from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) are strongly encouraged to remain up-to-date on their flight status before leaving for the airport by checking here: http://virginamerica.com/flight-status.html and signing up for Virgin America Flight Alerts here: http://virginamerica.com/flight-alerts.html. If you received a cancellation email today and purchased your flight in dollars, you can use our online option to rebook your flight here or cancel your itinerary. Guests whose flights have been cancelled are entitled to a travel bank credit worth the full value of the amount paid. If a refundable fare was purchased, guests may refund this value to original form of payment.

Travel waiver: Guests with confirmed flights departing to or originating from BOS or JFK on February 8th - 9th, 2013, may change their travel date without paying change fees or the difference in fares through February 21, 2013* . Changes to travel plans should be made by Saturday, February 9, 2013. Guests may also cancel their flight without penalty and receive a credit for future travel valid for up to one year. Guests flying on the above dates who have flexible travel plans, may change or cancel by calling 1.877.FLY.VIRGIN (1.877.359.8474).** Changes and cancellations must be made prior to originally scheduled departure time and original travel must have been booked on or before February 6, 2013.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.