Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Priority security line at LAX if you're in F on VX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper

I looked around but couldn't see any sticky or a discussion on this. So...

If you hold an F boarding pass on VX at LAX (Terminal 3), can you get into any priority security line? I'm purchasing a connecting flight on VX, the time for which depends partly on how long I expect to be waiting in security.

Thanks if you can help.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:18 am

The benefits for both Main Cabin Select and First Class include priority security screening.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: Enough to travel better
Not sure if the OP knows if the priority status is apparent if the OP does online check-in, that is, if the online check-in works:

To be sure, VX check-in counter agents at LAX will specifically tell you that you have priority for Main Cabin Select and First Class passengers through security if you do a manual airport check-in. The "Priority" label should be printed on your boarding pass if you collect the pass at airport check-in.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks folks. I understand how the priority works -- I'm just unclear on whether Terminal 3 at LAX has a priority line.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
Thanks folks. I understand how the priority works -- I'm just unclear on whether Terminal 3 at LAX has a priority line.
I haven't been in/out of T3 in ages (just transit) - maybe a quick Q in the AS board will get you a faster answer.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by dhuey
LAX T3 has a priority line. I use it every six weeks.

See post #3 again and follow what the VX check-in agents tell you to when you are given your boarding card.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:59 am

virgin's boarding pass says "priority" in big allcaps letters. when you show it to the first agent at the bottom of the escalators, they will let you into the priority lane at the top (instead of the line that wraps around to the left and back almost to the upper level sidewalk). from there, it's a wait of 1-5 people before you get to the ID stand, and then you pick your screener.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Great news! Thanks so much, folks.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: VX, AA, Amex Platinum,Amex Gold, HHonors Diamond , Marriott Plat Elite, Chase CSP
Originally Posted by crabbing
virgin's boarding pass says "priority" in big allcaps letters. when you show it to the first agent at the bottom of the escalators, they will let you into the priority lane at the top (instead of the line that wraps around to the left and back almost to the upper level sidewalk). from there, it's a wait of 1-5 people before you get to the ID stand, and then you pick your screener.
Crabbing beat me to it. But there is a priority line in T3. If you're ever in T3 and find yourself without a priority pass, take the elevator instead of the escalator. You bypass the wrap around line into your own line. It's generally as short as priority.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Deeloveli
Crabbing beat me to it. But there is a priority line in T3. If you're ever in T3 and find yourself without a priority pass, take the elevator instead of the escalator. You bypass the wrap around line into your own line. It's generally as short as priority.
There's also a security checkpoint downstairs near the baggage claim, to the right (as you're facing it) of where arriving pax exit the tunnel. You should be able to take the aforementioned elevator down (or find the escalator near the VX counter) to access it. I don't know its hours, but I encountered no wait on a Monday morning while there was a long line upstairs. ^ Most departing pax aren't aware of it and I'm sure it's mainly used by employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.