Search

What do you want to know about VX?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:19 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
What do you want to know about VX?

I'm talking to VX for an article I'm writing. What are your most important questions about VX?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by rocky
I'm talking to VX for an article I'm writing. What are your most important questions about VX?
When will they be coming to EWR and will they have an elite tier?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
When will they have a frequent flyer elite tier system?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
what is the likelihood of more flights that neither depart nor arrive at the SFO or LAX hubs?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P
It's a GREAT airline to fly, but when will they have a usable FF program?

Elevate is pretty pointless from my perspective. I'd like to apply points for upgrades w/in the 6 hour window (at least).
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
When will Elevate have elite tiers?

When will there be a mobile version of virginamerica.com?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:24 pm

What cities are on the short list for the next to add service? An interview with CEO David Cush late last year said ATL, PHL and IAH (ORD also, but that's been done already). Another interview a couple months later said EWR and DCA. I'm particularly interested in IAH/Houston, since that's my home town, and I know there is plenty of counter and gate space open at terminal A. Is that still a strong possibility, or has that been bumped down the list? On that note, I know UA/CO really put up a fight at ORD with increaed service, reduced fares, etc.; will that be a stumbling block to starting both EWR and IAH service, which are both UA/CO hubs and they are likely to respond in a similar manner?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
When will Elevate have elite tiers?

When will there be a mobile version of virginamerica.com?
Better yet -- a Mobile App!!! (iphone/android/blackberry)
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by singlenomad36
What cities are on the short list for the next to add service? An interview with CEO David Cush late last year said ATL, PHL and IAH (ORD also, but that's been done already). Another interview a couple months later said EWR and DCA. I'm particularly interested in IAH/Houston, since that's my home town, and I know there is plenty of counter and gate space open at terminal A. Is that still a strong possibility, or has that been bumped down the list? On that note, I know UA/CO really put up a fight at ORD with increaed service, reduced fares, etc.; will that be a stumbling block to starting both EWR and IAH service, which are both UA/CO hubs and they are likely to respond in a similar manner?
I hope so! I love competition!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by 707Flyer
what is the likelihood of more flights that neither depart nor arrive at the SFO or LAX hubs?
Well, there is already one, but I agree: when will there be more?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Concur with several posts above.

1.) Plans for elite tiers and changes to Elevate to bring over more frequent / business travelers.

2.) Plans for additional routes and cities. International plans?

3.) Plans for partnering with other Virgin brands or non Virgin brands, or other airline alliances. Specifically in terms of lounge, mileage program accrual, etc.

4.) Anticipated changes to upgrade process? Any plans to change this in relation to frequent fliers and Elevate?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:27 am

I doubt any of these admittedly excellent questions would be answered in anything other than vague corporate-ese.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by cringle
I doubt any of these admittedly excellent questions would be answered in anything other than vague corporate-ese.
Agreed, but we can all hope.

As they say - it doesn't hurt to ask... right?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Alright, I'll ask a question: What are VX's plans for business sustainability? In other words, where and when in the business plan does VX expects to make a profit? It can't be done simply through expansion and new aircraft delivery, and expect a growth in customer volume, right?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:49 am

why can't i book a multi-city trip on virgin? the website claims to offer it as an option, but in reality, it only lets you book the first two legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.