Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX-VS LAX connection?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
VX-VS LAX connection?

Hi--

I'm redeeming VX points for SFO-LAX-LHR, VS to VX, with a connection from 3:40pm to 5:50pm. It's First Class to Upper Class, FWIW.

Anyone have experience with this connection? It means exiting security at LAX and re-clearing, correct? No PreCheck at LAX for VS, correct?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
And... does VX through-check bags onto VS or do I have to retrieve bags and re-check?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
Yes, they check-through bags onto VS. Although I'd highly recommend you speak with someone at LAX (maybe the VX baggage office) to make sure it gets handled correctly. Or wait at the carousel for your SFO-LAX flight just to make sure your bag doesn't get dropped there.

Once I did LAX-EWR-LHR and despite getting thru-check at LAX all the way to LHR, my bag ended up on the EWR carousel. I didn't see it but thats what the staff at EWR told me. Then they made sure it got transferred to VS.

So the point is, be vigilant about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.