Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elevate Silver companion priority TSA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Elevate Silver companion priority TSA

I have Elevate Silver status. I am flying with a companion in January. It doesn't seem like they will get priority security access, even though both tickets are on the same confirmation code. I'm making this assumption based on the fact that I can get a free seat in Main Cabin Express, but it charges me $25 if I try to move my companion. Is there a way I can get priority security for my companion too?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Although they don't get Express seating, you and one companion both will get priority screening/boarding.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

I already get priority boarding since I have the Virgin Visa card... most flights have allowed companion and I to board early. Priority screening seems harder to get. It doesn't say anywhere that companions will get priority screening too, but if that's the case, great! Will it automatically print that on both of our boarding passes, or do I need to go to the checkin agent for my companion? I could try calling, but not sure it's worth the effort.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
It'll automatically print on both boarding passes, as long as you ticket the two of you together on the same reservation.

If the reservation is subsequently split/divided (i.e., because you want to opt in for an upgrade), the priority label will still be retained on your companion's boarding pass. I've done this several times.

As a last resort, you can ask the checkin agent if your companion can get a priority sticker, which they would put on your companions BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.