Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

VX VISA w/ $149 fee - international transaction fees?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum

I'm sorry if I missed this, but I just searched through the terms of service w/ the card, and I couldn't find a mention about international transaction fees. Would like to take this card to London next week if there are no fees... but if there are, I'll take a different one. Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Yes, Comenity charges international transaction fees, something I wish at least the platinum card would do away with! Annoying.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
Yes, Comenity charges international transaction fees, something I wish at least the platinum card would do away with! Annoying.
Thx for confirming! Pretty weak for a card w/ a $149 fee!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
The Platinum card doesn't, the Premium VX card on the other hand, does.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
I may be the victim of a cruel joke, either that or they are still rolling charges into the rates (exchange rate looked pretty good to me tho'). I used it in the UK a couple of weeks ago simply because I needed to hit a certain level of spend for the first 5k amount of status points, no intl fee charged so far. It may change, tho' in my experience this is not usually something that takes this long. I have plenty of cards which officially charge no fee, so I may call Comenity and ask them directly, but so far it's looking like they do not.

YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.