Wiki Posts
Search

SFO to NYC in First

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
SFO to NYC in First

Apologies if there is already a buried thread on this...but given the recent improvements at AA, and the recent, um, changes at UA, curious how people think VX's product stacks up. Past experience would have put it more or less on top-- is that still the case?

Related question: is there any difference in service into EWR versus JFK?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
Apologies if there is already a buried thread on this...but given the recent improvements at AA, and the recent, um, changes at UA, curious how people think VX's product stacks up. Past experience would have put it more or less on top-- is that still the case?

Related question: is there any difference in service into EWR versus JFK?

Thanks!
Here were my recent thoughts.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Thanks -- I don't think I've ever encountered service that bad on a premium flight.

Out of curiosity, for the good/outbound flight (which sounds more like my VX experience flying a few times each year SFO-LAS), how would you rate this against others? I guess hard to ignore a truly awful flight like the return, but trying to assess where I should put a set of recurring paid F flights over the rest of the year.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My only "others" on the route in the past year have been AA in F in March, which were both very nice flights - but it is hard to compare AA F fares with VX F fares (which are more of a J pricing). (My AA F was part of an international ticket.)

The inflight product is supposed to be the same EWR and JFK, but for departures, the EWR terminal is such a pit that it is really no place you want to wait, unless you have an AC membership (which is in the same pier).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.