Search

Portland (PDX) to London (Any airport) - Recommended Routing in Y

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Portland (PDX) to London (Any airport) - Recommended Routing in Y

Hello,

Have an upcoming trip to London and currently living in Portland, OR. Was checking flight options and seems most of the flights are atleast 1 stop other than a Delta flight which seems to be on an older aircraft (767-300).

Considering I will be flying in Y, was wondering which are the more comfortable options. From an ffp standpoint, am ok with flying Skyteam or Star Alliance. I cannot transit in Canada as need a transit visa, so that option is out.

I see some options like :

Direct with Delta - B767-300
Via Seattle with Delta & Virgin Atlantic - B787-9
Via San Francisco with Delta or United - (B767 or B747)
Via Amsterdam with Delta & KLM - A330-200

Considering travel in Y, which would be a comfortable option. While I am ok to transit, I am ofcourse looking to minimize layovers and total travel time and the above routing's seem between 10-14 hours.

Seems there are very few options in B787 or A388 in this route even from the bigger airports !

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, A
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would always choose the nonstop.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I would always choose the nonstop.
Seems the 763 in this route is quite decent from what i heard, so may possibly take that..
Else short transit's are also not too bad since we need miles / leg's to get some ffp status's too
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:16 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Cross-posting on Flyertalk is not allowed. As the OP has an active thread in the United board, this one will be retired. See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post28813516

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.