Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US CBP/Immigration

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

US CBP/Immigration

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time poster!

I wondered if anyone has first hand experience of multiple entries/exits to/from the USA as a UK citizen on an ESTA? I have Global Entry so theoretically I can just go through the kiosks with relative ease, but in a few months time, I potentially have to do UK/USA (NYC) 3 or 4 times over a 6 week period... Does that even make sense??? Will the system start suspecting I'm doing something underhand and cause problems? Essentially I had one holiday booked and another one where I'm possibly going to catch up with friends, but now it looks like I might have to fit a conference in too. Sadly as some flights are already booked/pending, it's not as simple as "just" staying on instead of making all the flights, and equally I need to be in the UK in the gaps too.

Any first hand experience, probably from the business travellers out there? It'd all be on ESTA and with GE, so no real need to declare anything apart from the madness of multiple flights!

Thanks for reading and hope some of you wonderful people may have some answers. I don't want to start firming these trips up/agreeing to anything if it's going to become problematic for me in the long run.

AG.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT, wannabepilot!

There are plenty of people who commute almost weekly between the US and Europe, so this is really not a big deal. I doubt anyone would notice. I myself have had six transatlantic flights over a three month period recently (i.e. every other week). Your concern is your health, not the CBP!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Some years ago I have to pass customs in US (I got some equipment on ATA carnet). When I was waiting until custom officer will stamp the carnet, someone whose baggage was inspected asked why he is always selected for inspection. The officer said, that probably system marked him because he is traveling too often, and he suggest him to send letter with explanation of the reason of frequent travels.
I do not know if he got US or other passport.

Last edited by SPlDER; Jan 21, 2017 at 5:10 pm
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Permanent nobody on AA, UA, QF & NZ
I have a UK passport and ESTA and havent had any issues with multiple entries although mine have been 3-4 mths apart
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Your worrying about nothing. In fact global entry is designed for frequent travellers. I've had colleagues that have travelled to the US almost weekly with no problem at all.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
3-4 times over 6 weeks is not at all frequent, and won't cause any issues
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Back a while ago before I got global entry, I was doing 2-3 entries per month over a 3 month period using visa waiver on my UK passport... I got a comment from an immigration officers one of those times, saying that I come so often, I should get a normal business visa... I just smiled and said maybe I should, and that was the end of that.. Pretty sure the officers would take note of it or systems might flag you for some additional questions.... but if you have a valid reason, they probably wouldn't bother you too much about your frequent travel...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.