Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any suggestion for some quick DM miles?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Any suggestion for some quick DM miles?

My daughter has 85K miles, but recently got an email saying her miles will expire in a couple of months because of inactivity. Any suggestions for some quick mileage transactions? She is a minor, so I guess Shopping Mall does not work for her.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: HHonors, US, UA, Marriott
I just recently did this using both the iTunes shopping mall and the mileage purchase thru the US website. This is how it looked in my account:
- [posted the day of purchase] BUY MILES - POINTS.COM - 1000 miles
- [posted 8 days after purchase] SHOPPING MALL, ITUNESNG MALL
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
From membership guide:
At 15 - 17 months of inactivity, customers can pay a $40 preservation fee to remain active for another 18 months.
Not sure if buying miles starts the clock over but she could get a premium right now with this promo.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: HHonors, US, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Evan!
Not sure if buying miles starts the clock over but she could get a premium right now with this promo.
In our case, buying miles did reset the clock. We did this for miles expiring on Nov 1, purchasing the miles around Oct 20.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by redstripeflyer
I just recently did this using both the iTunes shopping mall and the mileage purchase thru the US website. This is how it looked in my account:
- [posted the day of purchase] BUY MILES - POINTS.COM - 1000 miles
- [posted 8 days after purchase] SHOPPING MALL, ITUNESNG MALL
I bought something from Clinique 10 days ago, using shopping mall. Any idea how long it generally takes miles to post? Should I be contacting them?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 3:16 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Any mile activity will reset the clock. Do something for free:

Have her join points.com and get 10 free miles. (Though somewhere there's a link to get 100, but I can't find it right now). Someone recently joined and the 10 miles were posted same day.

US' Points.com info is here:
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...spx#Points.com

If you must spend, buy some Biscoff cookies. Or do the Dividend Miles Dining thing - miles post within a month.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I bought a couple of iTunes last year for my kids' accounts. $4 to keep 2 accounts active, and I actually listen to the songs.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by KSinNYC
I bought something from Clinique 10 days ago, using shopping mall. Any idea how long it generally takes miles to post? Should I be contacting them?
Update: Miles posted about 13 days after purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.