Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Utilizing ANA to check *A award travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
But you will need miles in your ANA account in order to do a search of anything beyond ANA award flights -- in other words, all Star Alliance partner flights. See the thread linked above for solutions to that issue.
Thanks. I found this over at the BMI forum\thread\etc:

1.go to ANA International Flight Awards
2.Enter an ANA operated route
3.Click Next
4.at the bottom click on Use Star Alliance Members Airline (2nd blue button from the bottom)
5.in the near future credit something small to ANA to avoid having to do 1-4
It is working. I will need to get some miles in my ANA account but for now the above workaround is working for me.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:52 am

I have 1 mile in my account but the *A button is greyed out once again. There's a new note but I don't know how that affects the button.

"Members must complete the application by themselves.
Before applying, please read the Guide to Using Awards."
Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by abcx
I have 1 mile in my account but the *A button is greyed out once again. There's a new note but I don't know how that affects the button.

Same thing here.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by abcx

+2. Guess I'll have to use one of those other workarounds now...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:44 am
formerly FamilyFlyers

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Select Hotels, The Travel Collection, American Express PWP
Just want to note that I was able to successfully use the ANA tool without having any miles. There was a tip on another thread about how to do this. Basically, you start out by booking an award ticket on an ANA route in Asia. When the itineraries come up, there will be an option at the bottom of the screen to use Star Alliance reward or something to that effect. You're then off to the races!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by familyflyers
Just want to note that I was able to successfully use the ANA tool without having any miles. There was a tip on another thread about how to do this. Basically, you start out by booking an award ticket on an ANA route in Asia. When the itineraries come up, there will be an option at the bottom of the screen to use Star Alliance reward or something to that effect. You're then off to the races!
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm still not seeing on the ANA site how to find these flights. I'm probably missing some obvious thing. If someone can provide a step-by-step process of how to get from the home page to the search tool, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:54 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm still not seeing on the ANA site how to find these flights. I'm probably missing some obvious thing. If someone can provide a step-by-step process of how to get from the home page to the search tool, it'd be greatly appreciated!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...sterclass.html
Old Sep 26, 2013, 3:34 pm

Looks like I posted this in the wrong thread, but thanks for the response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.