Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays USAirways - 500 miles for enrolling in Paperless Statements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Barclays USAirways - 500 miles for enrolling in Paperless Statements

Keep an eye out on the emails you get from Barclays. On one of the four accounts we have we just got an offer for 500 miles for switching to paperless statements.

"Sign up for Paperless Statements on your US Airways MasterCard® by March 31, 2013 and get 500 Bonus Miles.

The bonus miles will appear on the cardmember's statement up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion."
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: US, HH
Got the email to invite me to switch to paperless - "Make your life easier, go paperless today" - but no offer for bonus miles. I like my paper statements, so 500 bonus miles won't entice me. Maybe if they offer PQMs I would.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:22 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I have a new account (opened last month) and just got the email but with an offer of 1000 miles.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
Got the email to invite me to switch to paperless - "Make your life easier, go paperless today" - but no offer for bonus miles. I like my paper statements, so 500 bonus miles won't entice me. Maybe if they offer PQMs I would.
Yeah, I like the paper too. Always worried about inadvertently deleting something on my email. I'm still on the fence on this one. I would definitely pull the trigger if it was a sock drawer card, but I'm actually using it right now.

Originally Posted by dw
I have a new account (opened last month) and just got the email but with an offer of 1000 miles.
Nice. I just got another 500 mile offer on our 2nd of 4 cards.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to US Airways forum where there is the greatest concentration of interested readers.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 4:51 pm

You always have the option to switch back...don't know how long before they credit you the points, but it could be instant.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:31 pm

I was already signed up for paperless statements (i think i did when i signed up for the card). So I just requested to start receiving paper statements. We'll see if I get an offer sometime in the future for paperless statements. Will report back if I do.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA exp(6mm), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've had my card for about 1.5 years. I reduced my use of it recently and got the 1000 mile offer. I jumped on it as I can always switch back later.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've been prompted to switch over the last few months and ignored them but this time I figured 500 miles was a good enough incentive. Once they post I'll go back to paper statements.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:07 pm

Just got my card last week. And pretty sure I was signed up electronic statements. Will flip it to paper, to see if I get an email perk offering miles to switch back to paperless.
Old May 5, 2013, 10:57 pm

Just saw my latest statement close, it included the 500 miles for enrolling in paperless statements. It is just listed as "US WORLD CARD: ADJUSTMENT" on a separate line from the CC spend on my US Airways activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.