Wiki Posts
Search

Massive DYKWIA....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Massive DYKWIA....

Man and woman throwing a fit and refusing to have their garment bag and roll aboard gate checked.

"It will get RUINED" and histrionics as well as a few "I have never been treated this way on any airline, I'm writing a letter."

Both were incredibly rude to the GA and FA. People amaze me.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Makes me wonder: what happens to those letters? When someone sends a real beauty in, do they have a bulletin board for it?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Poster

I wonder the same thing. Being rude just doesn't do any good, and it usually makes it more difficult to get anything accomplished.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Good luck to the DYKWIA. Maybe it's a good thing he will write a letter as I am sure it will be ignored.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I only own one garment bag and I've never attempted to get it through a TSA checkpoint. I'm not sure it would fit through the X-ray machine. Surprised the passenger managed to make it all the way onto the airplane with it. (I'm guessing he was able to flatten it or rotate it in such a way that it went through the X-ray without looking too unusual to the TSA employee.)
Old Nov 9, 2012, 9:44 am

Never be nasty to the people that cook or serve your food, or the people that check your bag.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by GalleyWench
Never be nasty to the people that cook or serve your food, or the people that check your bag.
Flying to Southern California or South Florida today?
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Update: Mr DYKWIA was typing a letter to US Customer Service on his iPad while standing at the baggage claim. And being loud and obnoxious about it. Too funny.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by CrizzleColts
Update: Mr DYKWIA was typing a letter to US Customer Service on his iPad while standing at the baggage claim. And being loud and obnoxious about it. Too funny.
This is the kind of thing that makes me write a letter to customer service complimenting the gate agents on how helpful and polite and patient they were.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by pinniped
When someone sends a real beauty in, do they have a bulletin board for it?
Maybe the Chairman's Preferred "Hall of Shame"?

When I managed a locally owned pizza delivery restaurant after undergrad we had a board for letters like that, along persistently difficult, non-tipping customers and bad check writers - it was called the DO NOT DELIVER board.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
I had a DYKWIA trying to adjust my bag, to close the bin, which was closed before he opened it . This Thursday CLT-MEM at 22.40 EDT

I just got up and said "Get your hands off my property now".

DYKWIA : It wont close, your bag is too big see... [drags bag again, without realizing that there is a metal blockade indicating end of bins in F on the CRJ900.

Me : What did I just tell you? Are you deaf?

FA : Sir, you need to gate check your bag (to the DYKWIA obviously)

Me : Grunts and walks past him

If they do not learn to behave, trying to remove other people's bags whilst fitting their own, they deserve to be spoken to, in this manner.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Azzuristar
I had a DYKWIA trying to adjust my bag, to close the bin, which was closed before he opened it . This Thursday CLT-MEM at 22.40 EDT

DYKWIA : It wont close, your bag is too big see... [drags bag again, without realizing that there is a metal blockade indicating end of bins in F on the CRJ900.

If they do not learn to behave, trying to remove other people's bags whilst fitting their own, they deserve to be spoken to, in this manner.
^^^^
Some people just do not learn... I have had many a conversation with the DYKWIA's about this. The most interesting thing I find with them is when you try and explain to them how it all works, you usually get the blank look.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by Azzuristar

Please clarify. Did he move your bag within the overhead, or did he take it completely out?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Makes me wonder: what happens to those letters? When someone sends a real beauty in, do they have a bulletin board for it?
I have to hope that they keep the really awesome ones on a fridge somewhere.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by tommyleo
Please clarify. Did he move your bag within the overhead, or did he take it completely out?
Bin had place for a thin laptop messenger bag, since that doesn't need so much space. DYKWIA spaz moved my bag to adjust his captain caveman war machine into the space,shoving my bag into a corner, where due to the construction of the bin, the door won't shut.

If he had slid his other bag in, the bin would have shut , but he moved the bag of a PAX who got there earlier, and then said due to said PAXs bag, the bin won't shut.

Either ways, he had no business handling someone else's bg without asking for permission. I would have obliged as well if only he learnt to ask.

I really wanted to let him have it, and boot his elite behind off the plane if I could.

Last edited by Azzuristar; Nov 11, 2012 at 12:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.