Wiki Posts
Search

Changing mileage earning program mid-itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M Sen
Changing mileage earning program mid-itinerary

I'm on an itinerary where I'm traveling on usair and set LH M&M for mileage on the forward leg, but would like to earn miles on CO Onepass on the return leg, enabling me to make gold status on both without any more flights.

However, on the return leg, neither the check in kiosks nor the check in agents aallow me to change my Ff pgm. Any suggestions on how I can force a change to my mileage earning program mid-itinerary?

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Ask the gate agent. They should be able to do it. I do it frequently between US/UA.

Don't try AFTER the flight though, you'll fail miserably (tried it once after a very very fast check-in and rush to gate).

HTSC
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M Sen
Bad gate agent who said that changing ff pgm is not permitted after the trip commences to prevent "double dipping". Turns out that the usair customer service desk were able to change it.

Last edited by dracjimm; Dec 9, 2011 at 7:55 pm
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Originally Posted by dracjimm
Bad gate agent who said that changing ff pgm is not permitted after the trip commences to prevent "double dipping". Turns out that the usair customer service desk were able to change it.
Double dipping? Doubtful. I've never been able to post anything to more than one account. (except when re-routed on a different airline).

HTSC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.