Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use my USAir status, earn CO miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:47 pm
JWW
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Plat, USAir Plat, Virgin Gold, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex Centurion
Use my USAir status, earn CO miles

Question - and have not been able to find this on the board in my searches...

Flying IAH-CLT-BDA on thursday and have entered my USAIR Platinum Div Miles # for companion and my flight - and have received an upgrade confirmation for each leg, as well.

My desire is not to double-dip but to procure ELITE qualifying CO onepass miles for these USAIR flights while being able to achieve/keep my upgraded seats due to my USAIR Platinum status. Any tactical advice on how to achieve this?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Cant do it. Its eather up front or CO miles.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:11 pm
JWW
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Plat, USAir Plat, Virgin Gold, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex Centurion
What about, when showing up to IAH, asking the to change the FF # on my ticket to my CO #?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Then your US FF# will be removed from the system and some lucky people will end up with your seats.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:30 pm
JWW
Original Poster

Ahh, I didn't realize that. I guess I figured that after I got to the gate with the boarding pass ... etc, etc. Drat.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Then your US FF# will be removed from the system and some lucky people will end up with your seats.
Others have reported 15k miles/ ticket deducted from the US account and being allowed to keep the seat. Regardless, it's in the t&c for dividend miles program that you must credit to your US account to get the upgrade benefit, or decline the upgrade by calling in.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I have entered in my US Airways number onto Continental/United bookings, checked my bags for free, gotten a boarding pass printed with Zone 1 (or however UA/CO felt like treating Star Silvers on a given day), and then asked an agent to remove all traces of Dividend Miles from my CO/UA PNR.

You can book 'premium' economy seats with your Dividend Miles number and then switch to CO/UA. I've only done this once, but I didn't lose my 'premium' seat when I did so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.