Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
US Airways Mastercard

Hi,

I recently applied for the US Airways Mastercard on a flight on January 22. I then got an e-mail on February 4th that I was approved. I'm still waiting to get my actual card in the mail though. Does anyone know how long it should typically take to receive the physical card?

Thanks!
-Matt
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Should arrive soon. I seem to recall that it took little time.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
So as not to start a new thread - I received my US Mastercard and now, supposedly, I get to board in Zone 2. How does that work? Should my US boarding passes now come out with Zone 2 printed on them? Is there a delay, say, a billing cycle, until that benefit is effective?

Or do I just have to brazen my way to the door, maybe showing the agent my credit card?

Sorry to be so ignorant, but flying without status is so much less fun.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by jpmcdonough
So as not to start a new thread - I received my US Mastercard and now, supposedly, I get to board in Zone 2. How does that work? Should my US boarding passes now come out with Zone 2 printed on them? Is there a delay, say, a billing cycle, until that benefit is effective?

Or do I just have to brazen my way to the door, maybe showing the agent my credit card?

Sorry to be so ignorant, but flying without status is so much less fun.
Your boarding pass should show zone 2.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by GamecockFan
Your boarding pass should show zone 2.
Even if your boarding pass does not show zone 2, you can present your credit card with your boarding pass and they will let you board with zone 2.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:38 am

Greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
When you log-in to your US account, you should (eventually) see this little logo: http://content.usairways.com/en-US/R...m/DMS_icon.gif .

From then on, your boarding passes will print with Zone 2.

HTSC
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:43 am

Thanks. It's not there yet, but I now know what to look for.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:29 pm

As an update, I checked with the US ticket counter at DFW and the lady wrote '2' on my boarding pass, and said to show my credit card while boarding. This worked DFW/PHL, and worked again flying PHL/BTV, where there were maybe 2 people in zone 1. But, this trip, I was carrying a laptop and really didn't want to deal with having to check something, so I was pleased.

Man, these flights are crowded!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Gold
Another question regarding US Mastercard. My understanding is that one can earn 10,000 PM's after $25,000 purchases. I saw somewhere that some cards offer another 10,000 after $50,000. Is this correct?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt-Glob, DL-Dia, AA-EXP
Ronotg,
I believe the second 10,000 PM bonus for $50,000 spend is a targeted offer. It has been offered in the past and I'm not sure whether you can call Barclay's to request this (any other FTers know?)
If you are looking for more PM from CC spending, consider the US Airways Business MC, which also has the 10,000 PM for $25,000 benefit. I am not a business owner and was successfully approved for this card. YMMV. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.