Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways website: Post bugs and problems here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Travels2mch
Can't wait to finish the burn on my DM account. This is classic US! They can't get anything right!
While I definitely agree that there's some crazy stuff going on with award availability on the new site, and have experienced the exact issue you report, I'm not sure that this is a fair criticism until after they switch from beta to production. I think putting it out for beta testing before going live is getting something right.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL (Medallion), AA, WN, Scareways, HH, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
While I definitely agree that there's some crazy stuff going on with award availability on the new site, and have experienced the exact issue you report, I'm not sure that this is a fair criticism until after they switch from beta to production. I think putting it out for beta testing before going live is getting something right.
Wrong.....you don't test with production data. So are you saying that I would not have been able to complete the reservation since it was in 'test'? I never saw anything saying I was 'testing'.....what if I would have just gone ahead and accepted it and booked at 100,000 miles. Yes testing is a good thing, but not with live data and when people are testing, they need to know that it is test only!
Old Aug 22, 2009, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta
Many bugs tonight

Seating charts don't initialize (tried twice, after 5 minutes each, gave up) using Firefox

When I tried to give feedback, it claimed my first name "was not a valid first name"

To top it off, when I entered the "old" site, the same flights were more expensive than those offered on the beta site.

Clearly, US didn't get any of my money tonight.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Tried to book PHX-CLT for tomorrow 8/25 on the New site - 1 way search using "any" time.

Results show exactly 2 non-stop flights - 5:40AM and 11:10PM. The old site shows the correct 7 non-stops all with availability.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I have a partner award booked on NZ using DM. I can view it on the old site by putting in the booking number and date but can't view it on the new site by doing the same.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Multi-city itineraries are not returning any results - it has been this way on the new site for weeks. Ugh

I thought someone (King?) put out a spoiler prior to launch that the new US.com was going to have partner award availability? Any updates / possibility that this gets rolled in at some point? I would think it would take a significant load off the call centers.

Unlike Tiki (above poster), I am able to see new award reservation on new site and it includes more information than the old site. They still do not seem to have worked out how to display "Business" class on partner itins - at least it now displays cabin "Unknown" (!) rather than "Coach" (really?!) Also, the seats are displayed on the new site vs. "**" on the old. Interestingly enough, the ticket number is displayed on the old site and not the new. No aircraft info is displayed on either display.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
The date problem applies when trying to use the site from the UK also.

The feature from the old site, by which you could look at the available seats on each flight before going into the purchase process appears to have gone from the UK site. Am I missing it somewhere?

It was really handy having that, as I could make an educated guess as to the chances of buying an upgrade to C, before going past the initial series of possible itineraries the website throws at me.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:35 pm

I have to agree with other posters - the new site, even after all these months of 'beta' is really bad.

I can login with my password but if I try to book anything it rejects my FF#. I have an old one with four zero's in front and it says its invalid. If I remove the zeros it still says invalid. I called the 800 number today to report the problem and they said, "use the old site..."

I fly every week so I also do not like being unable to manage my itineraries and am still not able to do that.

That said, the old one isn't much better. Every time I manage my itineraries some flights do not show up. If I hit Manage again, then sometimes they do. But sometimes not.

When I went to book the above trip that was rejected on the new site (I was using DM's and found a first class super saver fare) I kept getting the little "C" that indicated Fare Not Available even though I could reserve seats in F

The web support person said, "Ignore it, it's a glitch."

My thought is, if they have known glitches like these at the old site, we don't ever have to worry about them getting the new site released.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PHX_SOUS
Tried to book PHX-CLT for tomorrow 8/25 on the New site - 1 way search using "any" time.

Results show exactly 2 non-stop flights - 5:40AM and 11:10PM. The old site shows the correct 7 non-stops all with availability.
I had the same issue on a flight I booked tonight. The flight that I needed mysteriously disappeared a few days ago. It turns out that I originally researched on the old site, then tried to book on the new site a few days ago but couldn't find it. I eventually saw it again tonight on the old site, then booked.

Frustrating.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:22 pm

Programs: US AA
Trying to book PHL-MCO for upcoming conference. Getting hung up on the seat selection dialog box. "Initializing Seatmap" box with the ever flowing flags . . . It even wanted to end my session due to inactivity, so I am switching back to the old site . . .
Old Sep 17, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
I have found the fares to be different on the two sites as well as other booking sites. I have had issues with changing my seats on flights...oh the fun!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta
Server Unavailable

Silly me. Thought I'd try the new site again. Both "book travel" and "book award travel" produce the following error message:

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

In my view, the message is in large font, some of it orange. Refreshing does not help. I must say that I have never experienced such problems on a website, over such a long period, when the company puts it up as a valid site.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:43 pm

Programs: US Airways United
Both web sites (old and new) have issues. The new one is substantially worse. Clicking on certain links don't go where the text states you are going. Instead it takes you to some kind of shopping link.

A strange problem I've had on the old web site is that on the main page where you are suppose to be able to enter info for a flight search, the search button doesn't display on several computers (Apple Macbook Pro using Firefox, Windows XP using FF or IE) but it does appear on my netbook.

I just wonder who is doing the programming for some of these companies web sites. And, equally important, does anyone who work on these sites actually use them extensively?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:17 pm

Wonderful new website

The IT department has done a fine job of beta testing this new kludge.

How you can have a flight sold out of flexible coach, and offer a non-refundable coach seat on the same flight is beyond me. Flex coach and flex F are the same price on numerous itins on the same day. Flex coach is getting you an A fare - with wide-open seatmaps (for end of march to MCO).

Simply amazing - who let the pig out to play??
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:49 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Well, to be fair, it is still in beta testing. And, from the comments I've read over the last few months that's where it should stay....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.