Wiki Posts
Search

Advertising on FC Tray Tables

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA 1P, MR Plt
Advertising on FC Tray Tables

So I am on a MR today and have been on 5 A321's.....when I pull out my tray table in FC I find that US is now advertising on this space. Seems that this month is sponsored by Sony.

Has anyone else noticed this? I guess its just another example of US going to a LCC and looking for revenue from any source possible
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
Interesting......I was on two A321's on Tuesday and not a thing to be found......why oh why do they have to do that??????
Old Dec 9, 2007, 7:55 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
It was on my 320's last week.
I honestly don't mind. Tacky? Yes. But I rather they fix their financials by generating revenue doing this silly stuff then finding even more ways to devalue the product.
It's like the silly 4Pt. napkins. Tacky but harmless.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:59 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Bring some stickers and do some advertising of your own.

Nothing says "this is the wrong place for advertising" like a Mr. Zogs Sex Wax sticker
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:54 am

Programs: DL: Diamond
Who uses tray tables anymore? They actually serve food worth eating?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:37 am

Wow, thats cheap. I would expect it in coach but FIRST class?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Beyond being tacky, what's the big deal about this?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA 1P, MR Plt
Its not that I really mind the advertisement stickers...I just dont want to see this turn into another "BofA and US Airways has teamed up to offer you" type of ad campaign.

And I agree...I could see this in coach, but first class....come on.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
Beyond being tacky, what's the big deal about this?
First Class is about the experience, the service, etc. It's a fairly big price premium and for that, you'd hope there aren't 'tacky', tasteless additions to the experience.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really hurt the US F experience much, because it wasn't that great to begin with. But I think what really irks people about this, is that it's something deliberate by management. It's not just a Fa that is jaded, or a seat that is dirty or broken. FA morale and fleetwide refurbishing are something we'd like to see, but understand it's difficult and expensive. The ads on the trays are kind of a symbol that US doesn't think the F experience is special and is just worried about making a quick buck.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 5:48 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by airman97
Its not that I really mind the advertisement stickers...I just dont want to see this turn into another "BofA and US Airways has teamed up to offer you" type of ad campaign.

And I agree...I could see this in coach, but first class....come on.
I lost my bet yesterday with my wife... NO credit card offers in Y or F!!!!
Old Dec 10, 2007, 4:49 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Gold, Former US CP Since They Invented It
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
It was on my 320's last week.
I honestly don't mind. Tacky? Yes. But I rather they fix their financials by generating revenue doing this silly stuff then finding even more ways to devalue the product.
It's like the silly 4Pt. napkins. Tacky but harmless.
This is pretty much how I feel.....

Look, we've all....or at least I've become de-sensitized to the complete stupidity that is the US product, "Business Crapual." The "Business Crapual" product is an over-priced, over-promised, under-delivered product. It is what it is.

Said another way.....if they didn't take these stupid tacts, I'd be worried something got screwed up. Is anyone REALLY surprised?

Advertising on barf bags...now there's some real "Business Crapual" stuff there. Then again....the NASCAR crowd seems to enjoy advertising on everything from condoms to car doors...maybe that's where we're headed.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I'd rather have a clean tray table than a blank one. Not that you should have to choose one over the other...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
This could be a good thing. Maybe the advertisers will pay to have their ads to be kept clean once placed on the trays.

Though I wish US could make money without doing this, I agree that I'd much rather them do this than take away something else.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: UA, AA
I'd take the tray ads if I could trade away the CC pitches for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.