Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation Migration Survival Tips

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:45 pm

What I'm Hearing from Agents about March 11

A week from tomorrow, March 11, not only will Daylight Savings time start earlier than ever -- but the USAir/America West reservations systems merge. As a chairman's preferred (at least for now) member, I've had conversation recently with several of the ChPr reservations folks as well as front desk US Air Club staff. These are folks who already have had training and/or access to the new system, so I believe their perceptions.

They are telling me the following:

1) The system ultimately chosen is based on America West's system, which was substantially less sophisticated and customer friendly. The only reason they can see this was the "winner" was it was cheaper than the system US Air had.

2) This "new" system will be substantially slower, especially when trying to resolve problems. I was told that problems that would normally take 5 minutes to fix under the old system will take 25-30 minutes under the new. Some progress!

3) The agent will have to ask for the Dividend Mile number every time and may have to verify address, etc. to be sure the record is correct that is being accessed. The old system allowed you to put your number in by phone and your record normally came up automatically. That is not the way the "new" system works. Efficient, huh?

4) These changes and the resulting problems have NOT been communicated to frequent flyers even though in-house staff have requested that be done numerous times. What that means, of course, is that our front line people (reservations, check-in and gate agents, etc.) will bear the brunt of customer frustration and anger. My comment here -- In the meantime, executives will continue to reap nice rewards and remain insulated from their customers (as shown by your earlier e-mail related to the Tempe newsletter regarding upgrades). I wished each person I talked to "best of luck" and thanks for doing their best to take care of us frequent flyers.. and that hopefully we would do our best to live with these upcoming changes.

5) The final comment many have made to me is that starting next Sunday allow EXTRA TIME for everything -- check-in, etc. And if you have a problem, expect to have much slower resolution (if at all) of those issues.

My question: is this what you are hearing? And why on earth would US Air do something that sounds so stupid? Seems like "Captain Doug" may not be the only person in senior management "under the influence" of something.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: US Silver
While I don't necessarily disagree with what you say, 1) was it really necessary to make the same post on 2 different threads and 2) you're wrong about the date for the merge - its March 3rd (unless it's changed again).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.