Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Mileage issues

I had a res on UAL last month, CHS - ORD - SMF.

Due to unknown issues (I never did find out), the CHS - ORD was cancelled, and I was rebooked on AA.

The return from SMF - ORD - CHS went as planned.

However, my mileage is an issue; since I didn't fly on UAL on the outbound, I never got any mileage. (I'm not a AA ff member). On the return, I presented my USairways FF# at check in. I've only received credit for the SMF - ORD portion; the other leg was credited to my UAL account. (My goal was to get all 4 segments and miles posted to the USairways acct)

I've written both UAL and US regarding the situation; UAL simply said it wasn't their problem, contact US, and US hasn't graced me with a reply.

How should I proceed? This is pretty frustrating.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:52 am

For the segment flown on AA you can only get miles with their alliance. For the miles being posted to UA rather than US account, fight on if its worth it.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by rrz518
Due to unknown issues (I never did find out), the CHS - ORD was cancelled, and I was rebooked on AA.s
I thought United was pretty good about crediting for segments booked on United metal but United-operationally changed to another carrier...

There are other experiences on this in past postings, I believe...
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:13 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
If you don't want some miles that are credited to UA, try to get UA to remove the mileage credit first. Then ask US to credit it to your US account. If you ask US first they will stop when they find out UA credited you.

UA would likely credit your changed segment for original miles. But if you want US credit, you will have to try with them and that may not be so easy.

Charles
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
UA would likely credit your changed segment for original miles. Charles
is this common?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
is this common?
Quite.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
is this common?
I am not sure about USAirways, but I've had this happen to me twice already this year and basically all you need to do is submit your boarding pass and a receipt for the original flight plan. In Hong Kong right now, so I don't have the number.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:45 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Since you want US miles, I suspect you'll get more help over at the US forum. Please follow this there.

l'etoile
UA mod
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Part of this happened to me last year...flying BOS-DEN-ABQ on UA, BOS-DEN was fine, but DEN-ABQ was cancelled and rebooked on F9. I got the US miles for BOS-DEN, but when I tried to get DEN-ABQ, the response (both by e-mail and phone) was that if a *A partner flight is cancelled, you can't get the US miles for it. Only if it's a US flight that's cancelled can you get US miles for a cancelled flight. I was able to get miles on UA for the cancelled DEN-ABQ flight by faxing a copy of the original boarding pass.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Originally Posted by rrz518
I had a res on UAL last month, CHS - ORD - SMF.

Due to unknown issues (I never did find out), the CHS - ORD was cancelled, and I was rebooked on AA.

The return from SMF - ORD - CHS went as planned.

However, my mileage is an issue; since I didn't fly on UAL on the outbound, I never got any mileage. (I'm not a AA ff member). On the return, I presented my USairways FF# at check in. I've only received credit for the SMF - ORD portion; the other leg was credited to my UAL account. (My goal was to get all 4 segments and miles posted to the USairways acct)

I've written both UAL and US regarding the situation; UAL simply said it wasn't their problem, contact US, and US hasn't graced me with a reply.

How should I proceed? This is pretty frustrating.

Thanks
I had a flight about 2 years ago from SJU - PHL - BWI. The SJU - PHL was VERY late and verging on cancellation. The VERY VERY NICE agent at check in offered to put us on the AA non-stop from SJU - BWI. Upon arriving home, I contacted the CP desk, explained what happened, they verified in my record the invol change to AA and awarded the correct miles for the ticket that I had actually purchased... US from SJU-PHL-BWI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.